Fourth of July
Whoa!
This one's going to be big!
But I'm getting ahead of myself...
First thing this morning,
we are headed to the PARADE!
Parker's marching band graced the streets
of Idaho Falls,
after last year being in
WASHINGTON D.C.!
My favorite moment was when
this little girl sprayed Parker
right in the face!
Mitchell was with the football team!
But Freshman weren't allowed on the float.
Rude.
But it didn't affect his spirits!
PS, if you're looking for Mitchell
remember he's blonde now.
Britta marched proudly with
D.A.R.E. Graduates!
She met up with some friends to get ready for the parade!
And good thing these kids were
marching against drugs because
there was also a cannabis float!
Sterling's pretty tough too!
Christian was awesome crowd control!
Colette was awesome at baby control!
Aren't they both gorgeous!
Peek-a-boo!
Sterling's turn!
FIRETRUCKS!!
(Sterling LOVES trucks
and can name them all!)
SIDE NOTE:
July 3rd, Britta always has a huge party
at a friends house!
They all get matching shirts,
and party hard!
I just wanted to show because their
Sandlot shirts were so cute!
and I've been saying for years that it's
a 4th of July movie.
Sterling's best bud, Graham was here to play!
That is always our favorite kind of day!
Sterling with his Grandma,
and Graham with his grandma!
Let's get these fireworks started!
Speaking of powers!
Cora's roman candle gave a much bigger spark!
Colette's bestie, Bella, came to watch the fun!
Matching cousins get their patriotic on!
Sterling and Richard stood a bit
farther away!
That makes their photos so epic!
We literally LIT UP THE SKY!
The night was so magical
and fun!
Unfortunately, for some,
the fireworks weren't so magical.
Two fires broke out on our hill,
with many homes at risk!
These fires were up a ways from us,
but they were our friend's homes.
These fires were the night before
July 4th.
So it was questionable if we should
continue our traditional show.
We had extra hoses out
and soaked the used fireworks in water.
We lit them on pavement, not grass.
But even with all these precautions,
we were still unsure if we should do it.
So it makes this show quite possibly our last.
Because the risks are just too much!
I love America.
I love living where I can be free
to do what I want,
but I love my neighbors too!
Sometimes bigger isn't always better.
I mean, come on, the sparklers are pretty exciting too!
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!











.heic)













Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!