Anything new?!
So, I know that my post below is super old... what am I thinking? My priorities are completely misconstrued. It should be...
#1 - Blogging
#2 - Colette
... Just kidding...
But if its new pictures you want, sorry, you'll have to wait longer. The reason being that we don't have any. My dad and brother with their fancy cameras have taken loads of gorgeous pictures of all the fun things that we have been doing. ( My immediate family that normally spans all four time zones was finally in the same room together for the first time in two years! ) I really really really enjoyed the visit and lots of fun things happened, but like I said, I failed to take any pictures. Then my brother and dad took off for home and I didn't happen to swipe their memory cards for the pics before they left. Sorry guys... we'll have to wait for them to be sent to me.
In a nut shell here's the gist...
A - Family visits were amazing with lots of food and laughter.
B - Cole was blessed with many honorable Priesthood men around her, including her father.
C - Tess, my younger sister, is here to stay for school and being a super dooper maid at my home.
D - Parker has learned to dance, and boy does he get down.
E - We all have colds, even little Colette... so that pops her "newborn bubble."
My first freaking out moment as a new mom of TWO children was tonight. The scene was Target, and the objective was purchasing a bouncy chair for Cole. We are walking down the baby stuff... Tess and I get distracted by the shoe aisle a few feet away... I continue pushing a cart around to the Menswear where Richard has wandered with Parker to look at funny t-shirts about Chuck Norris... Then as we are walking to check out Richard says, "Why are you pushing that cart full of clothes?!" Sure enough I look down and I am pushing a cart full of items that an employee must have been putting back from the fitting rooms. Then it dawns on me, "Where's MY cart with MY baby in it!???!?!?!!!!" There aren't sufficient exclamation points to describe the feeling I had. I ran to the t-shirts... no baby. I ran to the shoes - at incision splitting speed - and luckily right between the shoe aisle and the baby bouncers, was where the cart mix-up had taken place. Cole just was so oblivious to her ridiculous mother and was sleeping soundly. Gut wrenching!
#1 - Blogging
#2 - Colette
... Just kidding...
But if its new pictures you want, sorry, you'll have to wait longer. The reason being that we don't have any. My dad and brother with their fancy cameras have taken loads of gorgeous pictures of all the fun things that we have been doing. ( My immediate family that normally spans all four time zones was finally in the same room together for the first time in two years! ) I really really really enjoyed the visit and lots of fun things happened, but like I said, I failed to take any pictures. Then my brother and dad took off for home and I didn't happen to swipe their memory cards for the pics before they left. Sorry guys... we'll have to wait for them to be sent to me.
In a nut shell here's the gist...
A - Family visits were amazing with lots of food and laughter.
B - Cole was blessed with many honorable Priesthood men around her, including her father.
C - Tess, my younger sister, is here to stay for school and being a super dooper maid at my home.
D - Parker has learned to dance, and boy does he get down.
E - We all have colds, even little Colette... so that pops her "newborn bubble."
My first freaking out moment as a new mom of TWO children was tonight. The scene was Target, and the objective was purchasing a bouncy chair for Cole. We are walking down the baby stuff... Tess and I get distracted by the shoe aisle a few feet away... I continue pushing a cart around to the Menswear where Richard has wandered with Parker to look at funny t-shirts about Chuck Norris... Then as we are walking to check out Richard says, "Why are you pushing that cart full of clothes?!" Sure enough I look down and I am pushing a cart full of items that an employee must have been putting back from the fitting rooms. Then it dawns on me, "Where's MY cart with MY baby in it!???!?!?!!!!" There aren't sufficient exclamation points to describe the feeling I had. I ran to the t-shirts... no baby. I ran to the shoes - at incision splitting speed - and luckily right between the shoe aisle and the baby bouncers, was where the cart mix-up had taken place. Cole just was so oblivious to her ridiculous mother and was sleeping soundly. Gut wrenching!
lol I laughed so hard I cried at your story. Scary but funny. =) aww.. I miss all of our moments like that. I can't wait to see more pictures of your cute babies. I am so glad you family all got to come see you! Sorry I missed your shower =(( I really wanted to come.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh! that is too funny! i can't believe that happened! you're still a really good mom:)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Ashley, I did the same thing with Beckett once, while at Kohls. I think its completely normal and completely hillarious! Did you end up getting a cute bouncy chair?
ReplyDeleteoh my heck...I would have freaked out too. I can't wait to see new pics of that little girl. It is very sad how fast they get so big. But then again mine wasn't small to begin with...LOL
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I bet you just about died! So glad everything worked out ok. We lost my brother at the beach when he was 2 years old. He was gone for about an hour, then we found him a mile down the beach chasing afer the sail boats. What a scare!!
ReplyDeleteThat is absolutely hilarious! we have all had those moments.. trust me! :O)
ReplyDeleteHey, there! Beautiful baby and cute name! You are so crazy...what I wanna know is how Richard reacted? LOL
ReplyDelete-Sokimna
So I'm guessing that you wont be making any more trips to Target anytime soon. JK This has nothing to do with your post but, I love the blue and pink hat colette has on at the top of your blog. Where did you get it?
ReplyDeleteoh girl we all have had our moments! you must have been freaking out! wow!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks to my feed reader I saw that post from Richard...awwww...
ReplyDeleteOMG...I think I would have passed out and died. I'm so happy you were able to find her safe and sound! I really hate those moments!
ReplyDelete