Peas in a Pod
I thought Parker would be mean to her, but it's just the opposite.
Whenever they are in the double stroller(which I LOVE by the way, thanks familia)
He always has to reach over and touch Colette to make sure she's ok.
I love that they were sleeping together in the stroller and Parker's arm was still resting on his sister!
As for our family, I know I've been putting up pictures, but not really any information. Like you really want to know. Well, we are doing great. Two kids is always an adjustment. (If you have two+ children, please stop laughing at me!) I can handle it sometimes, but I have moments where both kids are screaming and I have to decipher who has the great need. Usually it's whoever is screaming the loudest.
Parker is walking more and more everyday. It used to just be when we enticed him with treats of a pacifier. But now when he thinks I'm not looking he will let go of the couch and walk to the bookshelves, which is no trifle, it's nearly five steps (miniature steps, of course).
Colette continues her routine of sleeping, eating, and other unmentionable activities =). She sleeps very well, and I usually have to wake her up to eat. At night she will only wake up once for a feeding and so I'm feeling very rested.
Emotionally, it's very draining sometimes to have two children. It's time to feed Parker, time to feed Colette, Parker needs a diaper change, Cole needs a diaper change, now Parker needs ANOTHER diaper change, did I eat breakfast?, Parker wants to go outside, Colette needs a diaper change, it's time to feed Colette, it's time to feed Parker, Parker wants to play with things he isn't supposed to, did I eat lunch?, my little sister needs to move into her dorm, Parker wants out of his carseat, Colette needs to eat, what will I make for dinner when Richard gets home?, Parker, STOP THAT!, did I eat dinner? You get the idea.... Plus there's added issues of not losing baby fat as quickly as I'd like. Whether or not I get my three meals a day in, I'm not sure, but I never miss out on my fats food group if you know what I mean. =) My wedding ring STILL doesn't fit, and we won't go into the jeans discussion. haha. Oh well, it's only been one month... so I'll not get upset about it yet.
Richard is also very busy. He has been working long looooooong days with his uncle doing landscaping and building two beautiful ponds. They feel a little rush to get it done before school starts though. Plus he is ever dutiful in his Bishopric responsibilities, and I'm very proud of him. He is going tonight to help clean the temple from 10 pm to midnight. So, I'm having a personal movie night. (Come join me if you want... I'll be gluttoning myself with all kinds of treats) He also is eager to start school and his tutoring job again. He is taking an interior design class! He emphasizes that it's about the history of architecture, not whether on not those drapes are "in". Either way, I look forward to improvements to our apartment as the semester progresses.
Parker is walking more and more everyday. It used to just be when we enticed him with treats of a pacifier. But now when he thinks I'm not looking he will let go of the couch and walk to the bookshelves, which is no trifle, it's nearly five steps (miniature steps, of course).
Colette continues her routine of sleeping, eating, and other unmentionable activities =). She sleeps very well, and I usually have to wake her up to eat. At night she will only wake up once for a feeding and so I'm feeling very rested.
Emotionally, it's very draining sometimes to have two children. It's time to feed Parker, time to feed Colette, Parker needs a diaper change, Cole needs a diaper change, now Parker needs ANOTHER diaper change, did I eat breakfast?, Parker wants to go outside, Colette needs a diaper change, it's time to feed Colette, it's time to feed Parker, Parker wants to play with things he isn't supposed to, did I eat lunch?, my little sister needs to move into her dorm, Parker wants out of his carseat, Colette needs to eat, what will I make for dinner when Richard gets home?, Parker, STOP THAT!, did I eat dinner? You get the idea.... Plus there's added issues of not losing baby fat as quickly as I'd like. Whether or not I get my three meals a day in, I'm not sure, but I never miss out on my fats food group if you know what I mean. =) My wedding ring STILL doesn't fit, and we won't go into the jeans discussion. haha. Oh well, it's only been one month... so I'll not get upset about it yet.
Richard is also very busy. He has been working long looooooong days with his uncle doing landscaping and building two beautiful ponds. They feel a little rush to get it done before school starts though. Plus he is ever dutiful in his Bishopric responsibilities, and I'm very proud of him. He is going tonight to help clean the temple from 10 pm to midnight. So, I'm having a personal movie night. (Come join me if you want... I'll be gluttoning myself with all kinds of treats) He also is eager to start school and his tutoring job again. He is taking an interior design class! He emphasizes that it's about the history of architecture, not whether on not those drapes are "in". Either way, I look forward to improvements to our apartment as the semester progresses.

Parker will be a great big brother. Now you know no one will be teasing your little girl with Parker around. I loved growing up with brothers (even if they were younger) and they are great examples to me.
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you need anything!!
Ugh, having two kids sounds draining. I'm not sure if I am ready for it or not!
ReplyDeletehmm I wonder what having three will be like. Your children and so cute! =) Wish I was there to help out.
ReplyDeleteamen. that's all i have to say. maybe we can stop by for the movie?!?! or - you could come over?
ReplyDeleteThanks for heads up! I'm sure you're a great Mom! We didn't know Richard was in the bishopric-a counselor? Which ward are you in? We are expecting our second in March. I'm sure I'll feel like you do. Hang in there! -Elisa
ReplyDeleteYour blogs always make me smile. Your two babies are so cute! I am so glad to hear Colette is a good sleeper--that at least helps during the day. Sounds like you guys are doing great--so glad!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I'm never having another kid! :) Way to be amazing, though--parenting is tough stuff. Those pictures of Parker and Colette are adorable, especially when he's reaching over to her in the stroller, that is just the cutest thing ever!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya girl!
ReplyDeleteMan your kids are cute. I bet you and Richard are the best parents. I totally forgot about you eating the garlic...man I have a bad memory. Too funny. Those transfers with you were insane. I'm so glad I got to serve with you. Hey I was thinking, since us companions married companions that kind of makes us related, right? Companion in laws or something?
ReplyDeleteIt's a good thing our kids are so cute huh? Otherwise how would we ever make it as mothers?!?!?!?! And don't worry about the whole ring not fitting and pants not fitting yet, they will soon. My ring didn't fit for three months after I had Audree, and I'm just barely getting back into my pants and Kiley is almost 8 months. You are a lot smaller than I am, so I'm sure you'll be able to wear everything again in no time. :)
ReplyDeleteWell I love reading your blog! I love all the pictures and everything you write. :) Miss you guys and I hope everything is great!