twenty-six
You'll have to pardon my vanity, but it IS my birthday. Well, one year older but I don't know about the wiser part. I was reflecting on my life this morning while I was lying in bed. I am very happy with where my twenty-six years has brought me. I'm happy to say that I've reached a lot of goals, and yet I've fallen short more often than not. But still, I'm happy. Richard and I were joking that one-quarter of my life is over. haha. I really don't know if I want to live to be 100. Geez. Anyway, I hope you will allow me some nostalgic rantings for a moment.
The best time in my life.
and Sister Dowheezy, funsleezey, I mean Dunleavy
(nobody said her name right)
and the best part is that we are at PANERA BREAD!
MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
My mom moved on to a better place
Happily, we've gained more from it.Nan, thanks for filling the void!
We love you so much, and my dad is so happy.
Then there was Richard.(maybe not, but they still make me feel loved!)
Ashley J. Skifton, B.S.
She came six days after Parker's first birthday.
It was also Richard's birthday. I told him that I got him a baby for his birthday this year, can he top that?
Dani and Nikki are just what I need,
right when I needed them most.
I don't want to get all mushy, but I love you girls!
(But Richard, you still have to get me a present!)
Look what my darling stepmom Nanette did for me! Click HERE!
Today I'm going to take a bath, eat what I want, go shopping with my sister, SPEND MONEY! ship a book to Japan, kiss my husband all day long, and enjoy every minute of it!
For next year, I want to write my short stories that I've always wanted to write. I want to keep a better journal for my kids. I want to watch my husband graduate and then go with him to wherever he takes me! I want to see Colette roll, then crawl, then walk... Parker will run, talk, and go to nursery (sad day!) But, it will be a good year, I can already tell.
Today I'm going to take a bath, eat what I want, go shopping with my sister, SPEND MONEY! ship a book to Japan, kiss my husband all day long, and enjoy every minute of it!
For next year, I want to write my short stories that I've always wanted to write. I want to keep a better journal for my kids. I want to watch my husband graduate and then go with him to wherever he takes me! I want to see Colette roll, then crawl, then walk... Parker will run, talk, and go to nursery (sad day!) But, it will be a good year, I can already tell.
Congrats and happy birthday! I loved the slideshow Nanette did for you... what a sweetie! Boy have you changed over the years and wow Collette and you could have been twins as babies! Hope you have a great day and I know your year will be wonderful, becuase YOU are WONDERFUL! And thanks for the kind words, you are just what I needed too (I even got a little teary eyed reading that part, I blame the hormones)! I LOVE YOU GIRL
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!! How convenient to have it on a holiday :) You're one incredible person - enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! I was finally allowed back onto your blog! I don't know what happened but for about a week it wasn't letting me on here. :(
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!! I hope you are getting all your wishes today! You are so adorable and such a wonderful person!
Happy Birthday! It's been 4 short years since we spent your big day together in the Pit...oh how life has changed. Who knew what an eternal impact those 18 months would have on us. I think about you all of the time and can't wait to see you again. You are and were such a huge blessing in my life. Oh, and I have to thank you for posting decent pictures of me. Remember that time we got in a fight because you were taking my picture at the bus stop and I had no make-up on and frizzy hair because of the rain? LOL Or there was the time you got mad at me for wearing my pink tights out with my pink skirt and pink sweater. Yeah, those were the days!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I hope you had a great day! you are so cute! im glad you have such a great life! you so deserve it!!! love you!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I hope you had a great day. I will be ! I was so excited about the message you left me!! I hope it all works out!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday ash! you're such a good friend:) i hope you had a great bday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!! I loved all the pictures and the walk down memory lane. You are awesome!!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Ashley!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ashley! I hope you had a great day! :)
ReplyDelete