Check-ups

Both my little babies (or not so little anymore) had doctor's check-ups this week. Look how they've grown!

Colette Dallas

Age: 5 months

Weight: 13.5 lbs

Height: 25 inches

Head: 16.5 inches

Some fun things that Colette has been doing: She pants all the time, as if being adorable and lying around all day is really tiring. I think she's part dog. She grabs and plays with her feet a lot. She is really good at rolling from her tummy to her back. She laughs really well, and we love to hear it. She is very grabby, and will bold-faced swipe anything within arms reach. Her favorite toy are these rings Michelle got her for Christmas. She grasps them really well and gnaws them to the bone. She sleeps really well. From about 10 pm to 10 am (with maybe a quick feeding in between) She is too big already and we love every minute that she's been here.

Parker L.

Age: 17 months

Weight: 22.4 pounds

Height: 2 ft. 7 inches

Head: 18.3 inches

Parker really keeps us on our toes. He walks and runs all over the place. His favorite words are: Daddy, doggie (followed by high pitched barking sounds), whatsssat?, nana (banana), and OW! (usually while slapping the side of his head). He also says mommy, rarely, but doggie is more fun, so I try not to take it personally. Especially since we don't even have a dog. He makes car noises, vacuum noises, elephant and dog noises. He rams his head purposefully into the wall. He loves to play hide and seek. He loves to watch Elmo and does some kind of "Flashdance" when it comes on. Video footage has yet to be retrieved, but is very desired. He also likes to twirl a lot. He loves grapes, oranges (little "cuties"), cookies and chocolate milk. He gives hugs and kisses, mostly to Colette. As soon as we are home he takes her cover off of the carseat, crawls on top of her and hugs and kisses her (complete with smacking sounds). He also now has two of his top molars with the bottom two well on their way. He is a big kid and can do lots of things that surprise us everyday. He always takes Richard's chapstick (and by chapstick I mean a HUGE case of vaseline that he carries everywhere, hey it's cold and dry up here!) Anyway, Parker always takes it and puts it on all over. He's actually getting really good at not making a mess! He shakes his head yes and no. Usually when I tell him to come here! =) He isn't the same little baby from the NICU that's for sure. I wouldn't trade any minute that we've had so far with Parker. While it is sad they grow so fast, it's fun to see them learn so many new things. He is a smart kid and we are really happy he is ours!

Comments

  1. It is amazing how fast they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW>..... we love your babies guys. THey are adorable. It is so crazy to see Parker grow grow grow. I'll never forget how tiny he was. Love you guys!!
    mellissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proof I read too much "Twilight:" I was reading your "Richard Moment" out loud to Josh and I apparantly said "But when I tried to describe it to Edward..." Josh started laughing. I was confused. The End!! Thanks for the laugh you didn't intend to send me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the awesome comment. I am not sure what the doctors are concerned about, and I think we are out of the clear for awhile now, since the eye doctor and CT scan came back normal. Your babies are too cute. I had to kick the binki, b/c I couldn't take it anymore. I am glad that I did, and don't think I will ever use one again...but we will see with the next one...LOL Hope all is well, tell Nick and his family Hi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!