weekend at the funny farm
First of all, I decided on a nice leisurely morning like Saturday that I should make a good breakfast for my family. I made oatmeal pancakes. I was having a hard time getting them round, the looked more like footballs, and so I finally just poured the batter to fill the entire pan, making one big pancake. Everyone else had eaten, and so I was the only one left without a pancake. So I took the big, perfectly round one. Richard, thought it was really hilarious looking and so he took a picture.
Parker really made us laugh a few times because of his new personality that is emerging. For example, we were playing with him in his room. With all the toys in there, of course, he only wanted to play with Richard's cell phone. So, Richard hands it to him, and Parker grabs it, licks it, and then puts it up to his ear and pretends like he is talking and laughing. I looked at Richard and said, "Does he see you licking your phone very often? Because why would he do that?!" It really made us laugh. He has also started in the morning when you say "Breakfast" he will walk as fast as he can to the kitchen, push his high chair out from under the table against the wall, and then raise his arms up for you to put him up in it. He is so funny that he is learning these interesting things. He also has observed where all the different foods are in the house. So, sometimes during the day, he will grab my hand and pull me all over pointing at the cupboards with the cookies, or sometimes in the pantry where the fruit snacks are, or even the fridge where his milk is. I don't know how he learned these things, but it really is making my life fun.
As for Colette... Every night I put her in a little zip up sleeping back type thing that wraps her arms up. She squirms a little in it at first but it really does help her go to sleep without flailing her arms all around. Anyway, I was going to put her in it last night, and she was squirming like usual, and then at the last second, when I was about to finish zipping it up, she quickly stuck her foot out of the end as if to say..."That's it! I won't let you zip me in here anymore!" She stuck her foot in the door. I know I am projecting my own comical thoughts into her intentions, it really was just an accident, but still it's funny to think she was being rebellious.
But it was more than just these funny things. Everything seemed really hilarious and entertaining. I got locked out of the house (THANKS FOR YOUR HELP DANI!)
Then, over the podium at church, Richard called our Bishop, KENT BITTER "the GREAT"! It was hysterical. It was just a really great weekend, and the best part is that thanks to MLK, I get another day of it today! =)
And then I beat Richard at his massive Lord of the Rings war game (which NEVER happens).
Then, over the podium at church, Richard called our Bishop, KENT BITTER "the GREAT"! It was hysterical. It was just a really great weekend, and the best part is that thanks to MLK, I get another day of it today! =)
I LOVED those Halo things that the hospital gave us.. I was so sad when Travis grew out of his because he had to swaddled to sleep (and still does at almost a yr old!)
ReplyDeleteI miss being in your guys ward and seeing the funny things that happen.. that would have been funny to watch!
You crack me up Ash... I should try swaddling this new one.. I was not good at it with BEckett, but maybe that's your trick to getting such a good sleeper. Collette looks so cute in your glasses too! I love how big they are getting. Hey how did the nursery experience go yesterday with the Park Man??
ReplyDeleteYou guys make us laugh all the time. We love Collete's foot sticking out! We project stuff with the twins all the time, especially when they give you that 13 year old look of "yeah, I know I'm not supposed to do this. What are YOU gonna do about it?"
ReplyDeleteThose stories are funny. I love those days where everything makes me laugh. Kent Bitter is your bishop. I think he is from Shelley and I went to high school with some of his kids. Crazy!
ReplyDelete