Valentine's Day, still?

"It was no accident that our ancestors pinned Valentine's Day on February's shirt: he or she lucky enough to have a lover in frigid, antsy February, has cause for celebration, indeed!"
-Tom Robbins

Ok, I know that Valentine's Day is over, and I'm really late in posting this, BUT after my tacky bubble envelope "craft" project, I had to redeem myself. I may not be good at painting and gluing crafts, but give me some chocolate and I am good! But, most women are, right? I'm no Debby Lines, but I found this link about Dipped Oreo Suckers and I thought, "There's something I can do..." I guess it gives me a greater motivation to succeed when the end result is edible.




I took the entire box of Oreos (plus or minus a couple...hehe) And in the end, I only had 12 suckers! haha. It was a lot harder than I had expected and having the chocolate melted EXACTLY right made a big difference. I learned a lot of great techniques that worked and most that didn't work. I'm pretty sure that every holiday now I will find an excuse to dip some Oreos. =)

PS, Richard was in charge of sprinkles... Didn't he do great!

MMMMmmmmm, I LOVE CHOCOLATE! =)

I just had to post this picture too... It's for grandma's everywhere. She finally doesn't cry in the tub! Her chubby face just makes me laugh! I love it. Ok, now go eat some Oreos.

Comments

  1. Those oreos look very yummy! Im thinking about going out and buying some right now actually!
    what a cute chubby face! you have to love it on babies.. its the only time chub looks absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.. i love Colette's expression! and those oreos look sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Oreos look delicious! Hurray for cry-free baths. The girls love playing in the tub, but having their hair washed is still traumatic. Colette's chubby cheeks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea! I just might have to steal it sometime ;) I don't know which is more delicious, the oreos or Colette's chubby cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so i ate both of the suckers (with kevin's permission) before we got to rigby! haha. they didn't last long at all:) so delicious! that picture of cole melts my heart! she is so cute, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. also, once upon a time i had a super cool communications teacher and she brought these to class. they reminded me of your oreo suckers so you can make me these next time you're feeling crafty (jk)...which i'm sure will be soon:)

    http://gocaryn.blogspot.com/2009/02/cake-pops-fun-new-hobby.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. funny story...so steve can make that exact face!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. =) You know I would have loved those! They look great. It is hard to dip stuff in chocolate. I dipped nutter butter cookies for halloween with white choc. to make ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh you know how to make a prego lady happy, oreos and chocolate! im pretty sure thats what i dream about every night! but was it hard to dip in the chocolate because it kept disappearing? at least mine would!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They were delicious. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!