a friendly visit
Sitting on the floor one day... watching a movie... curled up in Grandma Nan's fuzzy blankets...
Finally some friends come to play!
My best friend Lindsey and her three adorable kids came to visit us this week.
Rylie is four "and-a-half" {she will emphatically add}
And the twin boys Luke and Cole are one-year-olds.
Here's my Cole with her Cole.

These pictures were taken after Colette had been poked, prodded, gouged, tickled and kissed to death by all the kids that were here... now it's her turn!







My best friend Lindsey and her three adorable kids came to visit us this week.
Rylie is four "and-a-half" {she will emphatically add}
And the twin boys Luke and Cole are one-year-olds.
Here's my Cole with her Cole.
These pictures were taken after Colette had been poked, prodded, gouged, tickled and kissed to death by all the kids that were here... now it's her turn!
But of course, she is so innocent, and not doing anything wrong.
Rylie and Parker had a great time making cookies together.
Cole
Luke
This is a perfect picture of these boy's personality.
Luke on the left is always just happy and smiley and having a good time
while Cole on the right is always ready to pounce on him!
Luke on the left is always just happy and smiley and having a good time
while Cole on the right is always ready to pounce on him!
Now I have a word to say about my LOVE/HATE relationship with potty training.
We have tried three times now to get Parker potty trained.
He doesn't want too. ever.
But we still try and he'll even humor us for a while.
Our last attempt consisted of Parker sitting on the toilet
for twenty minutes at a time
without even
leaking
a
drop.
He would be happy and singing and laughing on the toilet...
but didn't want to go.
{And YES I even tried the ENEMA trick after much desperation}
disaster.
So, he's sitting on the toilet singing and being a happy, pee-less kid,
I'm leaning over him to see if anything is happening
when he hops up with all the spring in his step and
WHACKO!
right in the lip.
tears are flowing.
lips are swelling.
hugs and kissing.
A few hours later, Richard and I are getting ready for bed when he tells me that I have
{and I quote}
an "upside down Hilter look going on"
I look in the mirror trying to rub off the chocolate or whatever
that is smeared on my lip,
only to see that it is a bruise!
It looks so weird.
Dinner at the Sizzler = EVERYONE telling me "Oh miss, you have something there on your lip"
Visiting Aunt Sherry = Her rubbing my face trying to get off the "lipstick" I have smeared.
Needless to say, it's awkward.
And attempt #3 has failed miserably.
We're not even going to mention the "P" word again until he's three.
We have tried three times now to get Parker potty trained.
He doesn't want too. ever.
But we still try and he'll even humor us for a while.
Our last attempt consisted of Parker sitting on the toilet
for twenty minutes at a time
without even
leaking
a
drop.
He would be happy and singing and laughing on the toilet...
but didn't want to go.
{And YES I even tried the ENEMA trick after much desperation}
disaster.
So, he's sitting on the toilet singing and being a happy, pee-less kid,
I'm leaning over him to see if anything is happening
when he hops up with all the spring in his step and
WHACKO!
right in the lip.
tears are flowing.
lips are swelling.
hugs and kissing.
A few hours later, Richard and I are getting ready for bed when he tells me that I have
{and I quote}
an "upside down Hilter look going on"
I look in the mirror trying to rub off the chocolate or whatever
that is smeared on my lip,
only to see that it is a bruise!
It looks so weird.
Dinner at the Sizzler = EVERYONE telling me "Oh miss, you have something there on your lip"
Visiting Aunt Sherry = Her rubbing my face trying to get off the "lipstick" I have smeared.
Needless to say, it's awkward.
And attempt #3 has failed miserably.
We're not even going to mention the "P" word again until he's three.
I have to say, potty training is one of the worst struggles as a parent... at least for me. He may get more interested seeing other boys go potty on the toilet, so if you are around any close to his age try getting them together... I think that is what tipped the scale in my favor :)
ReplyDeleteI like the bruise! :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like the kids had fun with their friends.
Oh Ash, first of all let me say sorry for the bruise! That is no fun! And sorry for the potty training... if it makes you feel any better Beckett still has his days, and he has been potty trained since mid January. I tell Ryan all the time how I think it will just click when he is 3 and lots of other moms with older kids have told me 3 is the magic age, so don't get too discouraged just yet :) And oh my gosh I love Parkers big smiles in the pics where you guys are making cookies... what a total stud muffin! Can't wait to see you guys next week!
ReplyDeleteI hope I don't have problems getting V potty trained. Parker will come around soon enough.
ReplyDeleteps.. the bruise isn't bad.
ah, the battle scars of being a great mom! At least you tried :) 3 was the magic age for Caden, he potty trained in 2 days with no accidents. Good luck on your next adventure :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! No, I wasn't rubbing it in about the whole potty training thing. That's too funny we posted about the same thing, and sorry about the bruise. I think it is cute how he likes to just sit on the potty and sing and play. At least he is enjoying himself. Natalie started wanting to sit on the toilet, and most of the time I just put her on with her clothes. When I started actively trying to potty train her, she would get mad and never sit on the toilet. So I backed off. This weekend she got on a pooped. She is still way to young to catch on, and has a way to go. Good luck!
ReplyDeletegood luck with the potty training thing!! i'm SO not looking forward to that part of garrett's life!
ReplyDelete