Parkasso
Since Spring has yet to show her face around our house, we are still stuck inside most of the time. Everyone having severe colds doesn't help either. So, I looked online for help with fun things to do with the kids.
I found an activity that involves paint, which the kids love, But it doesn't make a mess, which I love. You take a new sponge and cut it into little squares. You dip the sponges in different colors of paint. You put a piece of paper and the sponges into a plastic bag and seal it. Then the kids can squish the sponges, drag them around the bag and create something great. Parker and Colette will demonstrate.
Well, this turned out to be a little more difficult that you would imagine, so we graduated to just squirting different colors of paint into a plastic bag and swirling it around...
OK, ok, finally we just squirted paint on the paper-covered-table and let them at it with a paint brush... mess or no mess.
The results:
Colette's Art work
The whole activity was a whopping 17 minutes of exhilarating fun.
{I hate winter in APRIL!}
Are you ready for a Parker story?
We love saying prayers with Parker... He has branched off from repeating everything we say, to doing a little ad-lib. It's hard not to laugh, but here's an example.
Me: Heavenly Father
Parker: Father
Me: We thank thee for this day.
Parker: Play outside today.
Me: Please bless Colette will feel better.
Parker: Colette will put some pants on.
Me: Bless Daddy to be safe at work.
Parker: Daddy not stuck in the mud.
Me: Please bless our breakfast.
Parker: Parker loves cheerios.
Me: Thank you for the temple.
Parker: When Parker's big, I will go to the temple too!
Me: In the name of Jesus Christ,
Parker: Parker.. Parker... Parker... get married when he is big!
Me: In the name of Jesus Christ,
Parker: Parker want Cars for Easter...
Me: AMEN!
Parker: Jesus Amen!
Have I mentioned that I love these little kids!
I love how much you love your kids. You are an awesome mom. When I grow up, I want to be like you...oh wait... Anyway, I laughed out loud during your description of Parker's prayer. So Funny!
ReplyDeleteAshley! I am SO doing this paint thing after nap today! What a FABULOUS idea! I LOVE the no mess part of it, especially because I am trying to finish the girl's Easter dresses and figure out how to make Scott a matching tie today. They will be neglected. At least I'm aware, right? lol I LOVE Parker's prayer! Seriously laughed out loud!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. That was me. I was signed in to the wrong account!
ReplyDeleteParker's prayer is sooo stinkin' cute! What a character! And I love the paint idea, definitely going to try that. I bought Natalie one of those paint with water books a while back. It was fun for a second, but not as exciting as real paint.
ReplyDeleteWhat a good idea with the paint. And I laughed out loud with Parkers prayer! He is so stinkin cute. It goes to show how simple and innocent children are.
ReplyDeletehahaha.. Parker's prayer is awesome!!
ReplyDeleteha! ha! ha!! i laughed so hard at parker's prayer!! that's hilarious!! that paint thing is a good idea-i also hate winter in April! DUMB IDAHO WEATHER!!!
ReplyDeleteParker is a very creative ad-libber! Is that even a word?! Seriously so funny!
ReplyDeleteThey are both so Cute. I love to hear what parker has to say.. he is so funny.
ReplyDeleteI do agree with you.. its time for it to get warm outside... we are running out of things to do inside. Hope you are all doing well.