Look-A-Like
I get really excited when people begin a conversation by saying,
"Has anyone ever told you that you look just like {insert name here}."
I've heard a lot of endings to that sentence.
"My little sister's doll"
"My aunt's second cousin"
"Willy Wonka"
As much as any young woman would appreciate a likeness with Gene Wilder in his younger days,
most of the time I really just laugh it off.
But, everyone once in a while,
people make a comparison that actually is spookily correct.
My friend and visiting teaching partner, Elise,
has admitted to me that while my name is Ashley,
she has trouble not calling me Amy.
Why?
She and her husband refer to me as Amy Farrah Fowler.
I've never seen the Big Bang Theory, so I didn't understand.
Naturally I went home and googled some photos.
I was a little weirded out how close she nailed it.
I still haven't seen the show,
but she's smart and cute, albeit on the nerdy side.
I'll take a Jewish neurobiologist over Young Frankenstein anyday.
but she's smart and cute, albeit on the nerdy side.
I'll take a Jewish neurobiologist over Young Frankenstein anyday.
Nearly every person who meets Richard will tell him he looks exactly like
Jason Bateman from Arrested Development,
another tv show we haven't seen.
My sister has said that she's obsessed with Arrested Development
because she feels like she is watching Richard.
Not just how he looks, but how funny he is too.
Definitely Richard.
When Parker was first born,
he had the distinct profile of Alfred Hitchcock.
But he grew out of that, thank heavens.
=)
Parker also has maintained a running comparison to Caillou.
While I don't really see it anymore,
I guess when he had less hair, it made more sense.
The funny thing is that Parker will watch Caillou, but he thinks he is annoying.
So whenever Parker is being whiny, I will say,
"Hey Caillou, when did you get here?!"
It makes him really mad.
"I'm NOT whiny ol' Caillou!"
Colette also has a look-a-like.
Her cousin Hannah and her have been mistaken for twins many times.
In fact, Hannah's short haircut was Colette's inspiration to cut hers also.
She wanted to look just like Hannah.
As for Mitchell,
Who else?
big blue eyes,
two teeth,
demanding pointing fingers,
cigar...
well they are practically twins.
Who do people say you look like?






I have been told I look like that girl from Phantom of the Opera. I can't think of her real name or her name in the movie, but she is the main character with the curly, brown hair.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree that all of you look like the people and characters you mentioned.
I think you're right Amy... oh, I mean Ashley! lol. I love Big Bang Theory and besides Amy's clothes I think you're right on.
ReplyDeleteHey Amy:) ..... that was perfect. So funny. My whole life I was always told Brooke Shields then when I was older - say 20 I got Cameron Diaz...don't really see either other than maybe the blue eyes for Cameron and that they are both tall. When I was younger I remember being at the movie theatre and watching My Girl - as soon as soon as Anna Chlumsky came on my oldest brother's friend blurted out..."Hey that's Natalie!" She had big blue eyes and huge lips - I was slightly mortified because that same friend and my brother had just nicknamed me Ni*&er lips and to say I was self concious was an understatement!
ReplyDeleteI'm still laughing out loud over this post! I remember the Gene Wilder comment....so funny! You crack me up! I think the Amy look a like is closer but have to admit I think you're much cuter!
ReplyDelete