BOISE

We are at it again.
We sure like to travel. 

Last week we spent four days in Boise, Idaho.

Richard was needed at a meeting to discuss his research.
He was preparing a presentation,
studying his data,
meeting with professors,
and basically NOT sleeping very much at all.

Meanwhile, we hung out at the hotel...
swimming, 
reading,
watching SpongeBob,
playing games, 
and this...


Can't beat it.
It was serious R&R for me and the kids.

And when Richard was done with his meeting, 
we went SHOPPING!
and SIGHT SEEING!
and DINING!

Mitchell has recently become obsessed with trains.
There is a cool train depot and old engine display in Boise.


I asked Parker, the Thomas the Train expert,
"Why doesn't the train have a face?!"
He said to me laughing, "Mom! Because that's NOT A REAL train! 
It's just a fake train for people to look at!"
Preschool logic.


Mitchell was in awe.
Which constituted a lot of pointing
and "WHOA" -ing


Then a little playful banter turned into a full blown family snow ball fight.
No one was safe.
Not even the van.
The weather in Boise was just so warm.
We couldn't help ourselves.


Wandering around the Boise mall, 
after Mom had bought out H&M,
and Dad had a new boardgame, 
we stumbled into BUILD A BEAR!
I was very surprised to see that you could get a basic bear for only $10!

Parker's bear is named Parker Jr.
Colette named hers Annie.

It was a fun experience because they make the kids feel like 
these bears are made just for them. 
And they are.
It has a name, 
a heart,
a birth certificate.
It's a member of the family.

So that means, 

Family initiation...


Then when they passed the test, 
we cuddled, ate popcorn, and watched movies in the hotel.

These bears have now gone EVERYWHERE with us.
When we ate at restaurants, Parker would correct us, 
"No guys we don't have 5, we have 7!
Don't forget the bears!"

It's really cool to see a child's capacity to love.

Don't feel too bad for Mitchell either, 
He's got a monkey with a pull string.
He's all set stuffed-animal wise.




I'm also very impressed with my kid's ability to travel.
That's what makes our little trips so enjoyable and so often,
the kids love it too!

They color, 
watch movies,
read books, 
play with their bears,
and as for Mitchell...

THERE THEY ARE!


It doesn't get much more fun than that.

But like always, it is good to be home.
AGAIN.

Comments

  1. Looks like you guys had so much fun! My sister used to work at Build-a-Bear and she gave me one for Christmas a couple years ago. They are SO cool! I bet the kids loved them. Also, how far along is Richard is his PhD program now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so much fun. I've been out of the blogging loop for a few months, so I just spent an hour or so catching up on all your family adventures. I can't believe how big your kids are! Mitchell isn't a baby anymore! We miss you and hope everything is great for you guys- we played killer bunnies over Christmas and it made me think of our game nights in Rexburg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing a little bit of catch up on your blog. I don't look at blogs anymore and yours is the one I miss the most!!!!! Anyway, I LOVED reading about your visit to the burg! My heart skipped a beat and now I'm longing for that place. Anyway, thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I would have been there in Boise!! I had my prom at that train depot =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!