Dress-up Day
Parker and Colette LOVE to dress up.
That's an understatement too.
It's all they want to do.
So, when it was dress-up day at school last week,
they were ecstatic.
The assignment was to dress up as someone from the past,
or as what you would want to be in the future.
QUEEN ELIZABETH I
This beautiful costume was a gift from Santa Claus
Any excuse to wear make-up.
"OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!"
(Did she ever actually say that? Who knows)
Parker also wore a Christmas present...
He was an ASTRONAUT!
And in true Parker fashion, he needed also to bring an educational book to share with his class explaining the exact principles of what it means to be an astronaut and how it effects our Solar System.
(exhausting)
LOSS OF GRAVITY!!
Parker's latest dress-up obsession has been focused on his Dad.
He likes to copy what Dad wears everyday, and night.
And sometimes he has too be really creative...
He was really happy to find that he had pajama pants to match Dad's shirt...
and a shirt to match Dad's pants...
Well if he's going to emulate anyone,
I can think of no one better than his Dad.
Then we have the monumental FIRST BATH!
I'm not sure why, but with Mitchell this didn't occur until he was 1 month old...
Britta is a girl, so she got hers after only 10 days.
They hate it either way.
Not so traumatizing...
And the towels are quite delicious!
So as we come on day 12 of our new baby,
life is pretty good.
I've only cried once.
The outside is freezing,
so we don't mind staying indoors.
The kids have been complete angels.
I don't know how I deserve such incredible kids.
They must be getting bribed.
Richard is entering his LAST SEMESTER of his PhD.
He has been applying to jobs...
Writing writing writing his dissertation...
Making all the meals...
And doing the dishes every night...
Nothing gets more handsome than that.
We have also been entertaining ourselves with some
at home photo shoots...
More to come on that!

Seems like every day at the Skifton home is an adventure. What a cool place to live and grow up. Lots of love to all of you from us here in Texas.
ReplyDeleteKeep those posts coming. We love to follow your family.