Sitting, Waiting, Wishing...
It has been -10 degrees for the last three days.
How can I be expected to have a baby under such conditions!?
The C-Section is scheduled on Monday.
Until then...
we wait...
inside...
from the cold...
what to do...
Crochet.
Bake.
MarioKart 8.
Settlers of Catan.
Amazon Prime.
Scrub things.

I know, I will tell you funny kid stories...
That always makes me happy.
Mitchell is talking so much and always has the funniest wording for things.
I finally got a smartphone for Christmas,
and of course have been playing with it A LOT!
Finally Mitchell came up to me and said,
"MOM! Put your new phone DOWN!"
and pointed very sternly at the floor.
Serious role reversal.
Mitchell LOVES to help wash dishes,
and the other day he slipped and hit his nose on the granite countertop.
His nose was bleeding for a long time.
Several days later, he picked his nose, and said happily,
"I don't have blood boogers anymore! Just green ones!"
Scrub things.

I know, I will tell you funny kid stories...
That always makes me happy.
Mitchell is talking so much and always has the funniest wording for things.
I finally got a smartphone for Christmas,
and of course have been playing with it A LOT!
Finally Mitchell came up to me and said,
"MOM! Put your new phone DOWN!"
and pointed very sternly at the floor.
Serious role reversal.
Mitchell LOVES to help wash dishes,
and the other day he slipped and hit his nose on the granite countertop.
His nose was bleeding for a long time.
Several days later, he picked his nose, and said happily,
"I don't have blood boogers anymore! Just green ones!"
Colette was holding the hamster, Ginger, and she said,
"I wish I was a hamster, because then I could have the love of a boy hamster."
Ewww. Gross.
Oddly enough, speaking about Ginger...
You may remember that in my post about our hamster Ginger,
I may have made a passing comment about my wish for her to pass away
before the baby was born.
Well, we woke up this morning,
and the kids said, "How cute! Ginger is asleep in the food bowl!"
No, she's dead in her food bowl.
Only three days before the baby comes.
What shall I do with my new blogging superpower to wield life and death?
I can't believe your wish actually came true! Hilarious. Hopefully your kids aren't too devastated. Can't wait to see new baby pics.
ReplyDeleteWow! If I ever inherit a hamster I'll have to have you use your special powers! Also, I suggest you don't get a dog. When they die it seems a little more tragic...
ReplyDeleteI'm feeding Finn while I read your blog and I laughed so loud over the dead hamster story that i woke him up. It shouldn't be so funny... But you tell the best stories! I'll be laughing about blood boogers and the love of boy hampsters the rest of the day. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete