Birthday Twins!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
RICHARD
&
COLETTE!!!
We've made it to another Birthday Week at our house.
It was kind of a big one for Richard,
The big 3-0!
He officially got his PhD on this day as well!
A PhD by 30!
Another shared birthday,
with another shared birthday party...
Another shared wish granted...
The day started with a lovely Skype phone call from Doug and Evi in Hungary!
Also in Hungary is Grandma and Grandpa and Michelle!
Wish we were there too!
We then scarfed down some Churro waffles...
Then Colette had her friends and cousins over for
DIA DE LA MUERTA!
Based off the movie The Book of Life.
Pretty little skulls...
Just a typical six-year-old birthday party in this morbid family...
Colette's exact words were,
"Mom, can we get a pinata of happy people dancing so we can knock them down!?!"
haha...
What I love about Colette,
She is a super big sister to Britta.
Very often I will come into my room to see Colette holding Britta calmly on the bed,
and she will say, "Mom Britta was crying so I rocked her back to sleep."
She is also such a funny girl with a morbid streak.
We will be chatting and say something very normal,
like, "I think it may rain today..."
and then she will say,
"WHAT!? SOMEONE IS AT THE HOSPITAL!?"
or
"WHAT?! THEY KILLED ALL THE SPIDERS IN THE WORLD!?"
Yes Colette... that's exactly what we said.
She is very kind to all her friends.
She lives by the mandate THE MORE THE MERRIER.
Even her brothers love playing in her room more than anywhere in the house,
because she is so giving and loving with her things and her space.
She loves to cuddle.
She is also really good at reading,
and her math skills are something that really makes her Daddy proud.
She is also what I consider to be quite the aspiring artist.
Always in the lines.
She also has a very contagious laugh...
I can't help but smile when I see her smile.
Then there's darling Richard.
I could not have been happy with any other man.
I surely am so very blessed.
He is SO funny,
SO smart,
SO spiritual.
He is a very natural teacher,
and very natural father,
and the best of friends.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO THE BIRTHDAY TWINS!
Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!