Fourth Child of Mine
So my baby is no baby anymore.
She is growing into a darling little lady
Maybe just a "little bit" mischievous
All the way down to her wrinkly toes
The other night at dinner, Richard was telling us all about a story he read concerning D-Day.
It was very emotional and Richard was having a hard time staying composed.
We were so focused on Richard and his emotional story,
that we didn't notice Britta had gotten up and brought back a tissue.
Instead of just handing it to him,
she reached up and wiped the tears from his eyes herself.
Of course then it was hard for any of us not to be crying.
It's hard to believe that same girl can shriek louder than a screaming banshee if she doesn't get her way.
And yes, I'm a little frightened of her using scissors. Even safety scissors.
She is a fearless swimmer and loves having fun.
Refers to herself as "I'm Brittas."
We also have "Parker, Cowette, and Bitchells"
She has learned to say "SHUT UP!"
(which sometimes, I have to admit, is deserved by those she says it to)
She has a fun way of saying other things.
When she wants to be by you she will say,
"Be you Mommy!"
or
"Be you Cowette!"
And that means she is climbing on your lap whether you like it or not.
Or if she wants something, she will tell you,
"Drink of water... Go get it!"
She also has picked up on lying
When I can tell she is poopy, I will tell her,
"Let's go change your diaper!"
She will respond,
"Daddy did it. I all clean!"
Ummm, daddy's not even here. Nice try.
Every time I think I have her sleeping schedule down,
I don't.
But all in all, her round cuddly face reels us in.
And she gets away with everything.
Can you blame me?
Her favorite things are Moana, reading books, and singing as loud as she can at the grocery store.
And she is LOUD.
I am so impressed how well she remembers words to songs.
She is growing too fast, as they all do, and I find myself astonished at how much she can do and say.
We are even now approaching my old nemesis...
POTTY TRAINING.










Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!