Cora Eve Skifton



NEW BABY!!!!!!!
Cora is literally
(in the literal, literal sense -- not the literal, exaggerating sense)
 10 minutes old right here.


The kids got to see her before she was 10 minutes old, though.


The nurse said they were so cute looking through the window.

They didn't stay for long though.
I had told Parker to just skip school that day,
but he said he would have too much homework if he missed.
-blank stare-
I have no words.
So, they left and came back after school was over.
Haha!


Mom finally got to hold her after a long and tedious surgery.

Now, let's play a little hot potato,
because Cora has literally
(in the literal, exaggerating sense)
a lot of siblings.


Parker now has 4 younger siblings,
and he is such a great oldest brother.


Colette's just happy because girls outnumber the boys finally.


Mitchell doesn't know quite what to think.
This is Mitchell's trying-to-be-happy smile.
If he has his tongue out and folded in half,
then you know he's about to hug Cora
like, "Anaconda squeeeeze."


Britta is just happy to have a new subject to experiment on.
Just the other day, she was holding Cora on the couch, and started declaring,
"She's fine. She's just fine."
When I went to see what was so, "fine," 
I discovered her trying to force Cora's eyelids open to wake her up.


Parker won the hot potato!!


Of course both Grandma's and Grandpa's from both sides of the family couldn't let Cora get all the attention, so they sent presents and pizza to the hospital room.
Thank you!!


A typical afternoon of chillin' at the baby hotel.


Here Cora is getting her hearing tested.
Something about a frontal lobe reacting to white noise in her ear.
She needed to be soundly asleep,
because even the tiniest movement would throw the test.
Welcome to the 21st century Cora.
I think when I was a kid my mom would just say, "Richard,"
and I would say, "What?"
This would mean I could hear.

So, you want to see what Cora is up to these days...


This is what I call the, "I'm actually standing, not sleeping," pose.


This is the, "I'm playing dress up, not sleeping," pose.


This is the, "Ok I'm actually sleeping," pose.

She's like a pet lizard who can't keep her own body heat,
requires tons of attention,
and sleeps about all day.
We are so happy to have her be apart of our family.
Can't wait to see what she does when she finally wakes up.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!