food
So, I pretty much already found my favorite recipe for the year.
Quick. Easy. And my kids LOVE it.
Mission.Accomplished.
It is something I found in the newspaper {whilst clipping coupons of course} and it's strangely delicious which you will understand when I tell you the ingredients.

{ok stop licking my blog...}
Barbeque Glazed Meatballs.
1 1/2 cup Grape Jelly
1 cup Barbeque Sauce
1 package Frozen meatballs
and then there's...
NO! THAT'S IT!
You put the barbecue sauce and jelly in a sauce pan on Medium High and cook until the jelly is melted. Then you add your meatballs. The recipe says to use frozen meatballs, which you would just add to the sauce until it all gets hot.
But I like buying turkey sausage and making my own little meatballs, like 18-24, then baking them at 350 and adding them to the sauce when they are cooked through. You can eat over rice or mashed potatoes... it's like you're at IKEA!
I've also tried pouring over chicken and baking it in the oven.
{Richard could make a living arranging food on plates}
Let's just say, I haven't seen this face in a long time...
MORE PLEASE!!!
notice the vegetables & rice remains mostly unscathed.
such is the life of a two-year old.
Just thought I would share this fabulous treat.
I thought jelly only went well with peanut butter. Who woulda thought?! Sounds delicious, I'll definitely give it a try. I'm always looking for quick and easy meals. Sometimes I get into a funk and always cook the same things. Time to branch out and put a little grape jelly in the mix.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great easy recipe! Way to switch it up with the chicken!
ReplyDeleteAshley, thanks for sharing that recipe!!! It looks delicious!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'm totally trying this out and wow-ing my mikey-man.... Sounds a-mazing!
ReplyDeleteyou caught me, i was licking my computer....that looks way good and an easy kind of recipe that i LOVE! anything that will take less then a half hour is amazing for deployments and even better if two year olds will eat it! Thanks!
ReplyDelete