winter blues

Since winter now has reached day number 153 in this frozen wasteland, we have been indoors a little too much. In fact, after we bundled up the kids and opened the door to take them outside for the first time in a week, they looked a lot like the sickly boy in Secret Garden when she knocks down the boarded windows.

"The Spores! Not the Spores!"
Good movie.
I'm glad he learns how to skip in the end.

We took them out to play at the mall. It was a lot of fun. They had so much energy and were really laughing and excited. The playground was a little big for them, but Colette managed to climb up a slippery little lady bug, and was very pleased with her accomplishment. In fact, I almost decked the five foot tall girl that jumped and knocked her off. Anti-climatic.

Especially since I'm pretty sure I saw a
nice little bear on the entrance with
his arm held up to 40" as the height limit.
No.Giants.Allowed.

Parker found sweet tunnels all over the place. In fact, we kept trying to find him and he would always be just sitting in a tunnel somewhere, or once he was even sitting by an old man on the other side of the play ground.

Why wouldn't he come sit by us?
Who knows?



Separate Story_____________________________________________

Can you guess what happens when Aunt Lisa comes over? Parker was so crazy excited that he was running his clumsy little self all over, and WHACKO! He drilled his forehead into the corner of the bookshelves.

{remember the bookshelves are not the enemy here.}

It was pretty bad. He immediately formed a gigantic nob on his head and was happy to pile ice on it. This picture doesn't really do it justice, but look at that face!


I should probably clarify that Lisa's person was in no way immediately involved in the altercation with the bookcase a fore mentioned.


Sorry our lives have been pretty cold lately. I hope these pictures will be a sufficient update. Not many parents would be fanatically taking pictures of their children in the mall, but it's the most eventful day we've had for a long while. Stay tuned for the exciting pictures of me and kids watching movies all day, or my "yay! it's overcast!" post, while we wait patiently until the snow melts.


What do you know?
It's snowing again right now.
as.we.speak.

Raise your hand if you think Punxsutawney Phil is a liar.

Comments

  1. I know exactly what you are saying.. and I live down in NM, you would THINK it would be warmer down here but its not. Parker and I are twins with the large goose eggs on the forehead, mines in the exact same spot. Mine was caused from the stupid wind here blowing the car door into mine! Such as life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [raising hand] I've known Punx was a liar for a long time. At least when you live in Idaho, he is. And every year when there is a few days of 40 degrees like this last week I get so excited and think, maybe, just maybe, spring will come early this year. So much for getting my hopes up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a serious bump.

    Love your blog header by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my hand is raised. very cute post :) your kids are so adorable! i'm glad you were able to get out and about for the day, even if the giant ruined the ladybug experience!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!