It's done!
Moving into a new house really helps you see the things that need "uplifting" in your house. Our bedspread was one of them. It at one time had lots of cute little flowers made out of ribbons, that our kids have turned into big holes and dangling pieces of frayed ribbon. Tell me about it. Anyway, I decided to make a duvet cover for a king sized down comforter that I had.
What I ended up doing was buying a set of sheets at T.J. Maxx. I thought about getting just fabric, but you would spend more and would have to piece it together to get something wide enough for your bed. But the sheets at T.J. Maxx are cheap, good quality, and one big piece of fabric. Then I added my own embellishments.

The ruffles were a bit hard, and honestly I was nervous to put something like that on... and then the red... whoa... really vibrant for me! But I needed to get out of my comfort zone.
Speaking of comfort... this is the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. I was surprised how much difference a big fluffy comforter can make.
"It's so fluffy I could DIE!"
What I ended up doing was buying a set of sheets at T.J. Maxx. I thought about getting just fabric, but you would spend more and would have to piece it together to get something wide enough for your bed. But the sheets at T.J. Maxx are cheap, good quality, and one big piece of fabric. Then I added my own embellishments.
Speaking of comfort... this is the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. I was surprised how much difference a big fluffy comforter can make.
"It's so fluffy I could DIE!"
What do you think? Honestly? Too much? I can always make changes, so tell me your thoughts. There is more sprucing up to do in the bedroom, but of course I have to budget these things, or else I'd go crazy... so that's up and coming.
I love it! You are so talented at so many things.
ReplyDeleteOh. My. Heavens. That is amazing! You sew the things I only dream about doing. I love the red, it makes the whole thing pop. And the ruffle adds character and sophistication. Beautiful!! Did you do the pillow shams too? Everything looks great!
ReplyDeleteCan I say I'm in LOVE?? Can you make me one? I absolutely love the red. Did you just figure it out as you went or did you have some kind of instructions you followed? Just wondering because I think I want to do something like this now
ReplyDeleteIt looks awesome! I think you added just enough red to make a statement and not a OMG its red... if you get that! I love it! Why did we not get together and make things why you were here! I totally missed out! You are very talented and when you have time you should whip up a tutorial for us wannabe's
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness ashley...you are so amazing! You are my idol. Can you come decorate my house? I am gonna need a skifton visit one if these days, we just love you guys!
ReplyDeletewow, that turned out cute! i really wish i had the creative gene... :)
ReplyDeleteyou kill me with your amazingness! i seriously LOVE it! also your blog layout is always SO CUTE!
ReplyDeleteseriously ash, good job sista!
I think it's adorable! I love the splash of red. Don't change a thing!
ReplyDeleteYou are so crafty! Look at you! Love it, you inspire me.
ReplyDeletecute! cute! cute! i love everything about your new home, except that it's so far away :(
ReplyDeleteAmazing Ash! Good job!
ReplyDeleteYou did such a good job! I love it! SOOOOO cute!
ReplyDelete