code blue

After looking at my family pictures,
it was blatantly obvious that my highlights had grown out about...
Oh... let's say... EIGHT months.
{I know Lisa, you probably hurled just now}
So I woke up this morning with the express intent of remedying the situation.
I asked Richard if he would sit at home with the kids for a quick minute while I ran to Walmart.

I'm in the aisle of hair dye...
Chestnut Roasted Honey Pecan Caramels...
Warm Brazilian Coffee Bean Espresso Macchiato...
Medium Semi-Sweet Chocolate Waterfalls...
{Usually when it has the word Chocolate in it, I'm sold}
I am carrying my John Freida foaming hair dye selection,
scoping out the attached coupon,
when suddenly the intercom BOOMS on:

"Attention Wal-Mart customers and employees,
this building will be immediately evacuated.
Customers, please drop all unpurchased items, and
immediately make your way to the front exits in an orderly fashion.
Employees, this is a CODE BLUE please take your appropriate positions.
I repeat... customers, please drop all unpurchased items, 
immediately make your way to the front exits in an orderly fashion.
Employees, this is a CODE BLUE."

I hesitate, wondering if this is seriously or not...
Then I finally slowly set my box down and start following the few people
that actually shop at Walmart that early in the morning.
I pass by an employee who has an annoyed look on her face and ask,
"What's a code blue?!"
"I can't say..."
Whoa.

So I get to the car in my orderly fashion and then immediately call Richard.
"Hurry look up what is a CODE BLUE!"
I tell him all about it, and he informs me it is a bonafide BOMB THREAT!
Immediately I'm more worried now about the thought I missed Kiefer Sutherland arrive.

Now, I wouldn't consider the town I live in to be an exciting metropolis.
We aren't home to any government bases or mafia headquarters that I'm aware of.
We only have the two Wal-marts and
the one closest to my home is considered the more "ghetto" of the two.
So, who in their right mind would want to bomb it?
It's easy to say that it was probably nothing.
Maybe a disgruntled employee with an extra string of black cats left over from the Fourth.
Not really a real bomb...
But I still have to admit, it is the most exhilarating and dangerous event of my year.
I'd like to keep it that way too.

About 4.5 seconds later, my concerns quickly shifted from evading a potential explosion,
to the fact that I was still hair-dye-less with eight months of roots pouring out of my scalp.
so I went to Fred Meyer, where the John Freida hair dye is currently on sale
for two dollars cheaper than the ghetto and bomb threatened Wal-mart.
So, maybe I have some delusional unemployed psychopath to thank
for saving me a couple bucks today.
That's better than couponing.

Comments

  1. Crazy!!! But what an awesome turn of events that you saved a little more by having to go to another store. It's nice when things work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bomb threat in Idaho Falls? Crazy! At least you ended up getting your hair dye cheaper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!