Daddy Daughter Day
ssshhhhh! This is Richard being sneaky. Ashley is taking a nap, so I'm blogging *giggle*
I recently went to the state capital for work
so I decided to bring Colette along as a little co-pilot
We got up very early while everyone was still asleep and made like a tree and leafed
We drove for four hours
I have a little tablet computer and Colette watched:
Princess and the Frog, Howl's Moving Castle, and Toy Story 3
(like, throughout the trip ... not all at once, notice I said I have 'a' little tablet
I think I would go into shock if I had to watch three movies all at once while riding in a car)
this is a snapshot Colette took of the movie while she was watching
(obviously it wasn't loud enough)
(obviously it wasn't loud enough)
anyhow, I digress, when we finally got there, the machine shop where we were headed said they needed another hour or so to finish my order
so ... we went boating
'paddle' boating that is =)
it was this neat little canal by the downtown that wound back and forth
it then opened into this huge pond
at this point I even let her drive, while I STILL had to paddle
(note to self: don't go on a romantic paddle boat ride with someone who cannot actually assist in the paddling, like a 3 year old toddler with little legs)
on our boat ride we saw:
fish
ducks
and goosen ... no it would be geesen ...
who are remarkably slow to move even if a huge boat is about to ruin their lives
this is a snapshot of us running into the side of the canal while I try peddling backwards to avoid hitting them
Colette appeared to have fun, but maybe you can tell me what she is feeling from this video...
yeah... i couldn't tell either, so i'll just continue to say she had fun, haha
afterwards we headed back to the machine shop
Colette got to help, but she had to wear her safety glasses
this is something very neat about Colette, she can never stand idly by
she always holds on to anything you're doing as if to say, "I'm helping."
after we loaded up our van we headed home
stopping for ice cream along the way
thanks for sharing in our adventure, we had a blast!













awesome, I love the you post on the blog :) What a trooper, sounds like Colette is the perfect little travel buddy!
ReplyDeleteAw! That's so cute! I love that her shirt says "best day ever". Very appropriate.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip!!!! Daddy Daughter time is always so fun. My mom says hi to you, Ashley, and I guess Richard too even though you have never met. I was wondering how you did the signature on the bottom of your posts?
ReplyDelete