fuzzy wuzzy
Apparently July is fuzzy picture month.
Parker with his sparkler
{in the darker by his marker and a shirt with a sharker}
that was fun.
Colette with a purple glow necklace and a marshmallow shirt.
I should probably introduce the people in the back, since they are the ones in focus.
Nick's mom, Nick, April, Robert, Ashley, Greg {standing}
Mitchell was SO cute during the fireworks.
He couldn't even move... he was in such awe at the sky.
Then he fell asleep.
"Best Day Ever"
again, fuzzy.
Ok it's funny story time.
Parker: "Mom, what are you doing?"
Me: "I'm cutting this."
Parker: "Why are you cutting it?"
Me: "So I can sew it."
Parker: "Are you cutting it big or little?"
Me: "Big."
Parker: "Is it one piece or lots of pieces?"
Me: "One."
Parker: "Is it for you or for daddy?"
Me: "It's for me."
Parker: "It's not for Daddy?"
Me: "Nope."
Parker: "I think it's for Daddy."
Me: "Hey Parker do you want me to scream..."
Parker: "Why would you scream?"
Me: {laughing} "Because you are asking me SO many questions!"
Parker: "I'm asking you questions?"
Me: "YES!"
long pause...
Parker: "And you like it or you don't like it?"
That's where I gave him a big hug, because he sounds JUST LIKE ME!
The kids new movie quote*:
Parker: "Take some of that mud, put it in your mouth and swallow."
Colette: "I'm not gonna eat mud!"
Parker: "Yeah you are." {pretends to put mud in her face}
Parker: "Hey why'd you take your shoes off?"
Colette: "So I don't break your nose when I kick it... Hiyah!"
*Compliments of the Fantastic Mr. Fox.
Whenever the kids are on the verge of a meltdown, we've found that sometimes we can subside the damage by making a really silly face and then asking, "Parker can I see your happy face?"
sometimes it works.
And then sometimes when Parker is having a breakdown, oh say, in the middle of the store, Colette will look at me and scream, "Look mom, I'M HAPPY!"
Yeah great kid... remind me to get you a cookie.
And then, when you are at the store with three kids, looking like a lunatic, a lot of people make comments to you. Something along the lines of:
"Love the bus!"
"Where'd you get your daughters shoes? Do they come in my size?"
"Are they all yours?"
"Wow you got a lot of helpers there!"
"You're brave!"
I always just nod and smile and keep moving
{mostly because I need the inertia to keep the giant bus shopping cart rolling.}
Last time we were at the store, after every comment, Colette would look at me and ask,
"Is that my cousin?"
Heaven's no.
There were more, but my brain is also a little fuzzy... next time.
Oh my goodness!! We were at Sam's Club on Monday and, of course, Kaitlyn was having a meltdown because she didn't listen so she had to get in the cart instead of walk. We turn down one isle and there's this older couple (like 40s, maybe) and the husband's going, "My goodness! What happened?" laughing... and the wife says, "Hey, honey! What's the matter? Are you dying?" again... more laughing. I'm thinking, "Go away this isn't funny you're making fun of my children I'm going to kill you." All while smiling.. "Yes," I say. "She's not had a good day." They turn the corner and keep laughing. Still not funny!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pics on your side bar!! and holy cow I love all the fam that came out to visit. Your townhouse looks like so much fun! I really only saw it in the construction process so it was hard for me to imagine all the grass and everything... I would totally stay there too if I were you guys! In fact Ryan and I were just talking about how while home ownership is great, it sometimes is over rated. I mean I really don't watn ALL of my money going into a house and not being able to do anything FUN :) Like going to Walmart ;) (insert sarcasm)
ReplyDeleteI totally know how you feel though! It totally is annoying too when they say that and my kids are being well behaved, I am like WHAT THE HECK! Leave me alone and mind your own business! My favorite is like "Oh wow... 3 little ones, they must keep you super busy!" To which one time I replied "Oh no, I usually keep them locked in their rooms most of the time, so its no big deal!" I wish I could be brave like that sometimes :)
Okay I miss you... now go clean your camera lens and stop letting Mitchell suck on it, I am sure he gets away with murder that cute littl man of yours!!! :)
You write about "mom life," so perfectly! Thanks for your comment on our blog the other day. We were totally having a "let's ship all of the kids to Grandma's" day, and your comment made us smile and remember how lucky we are.
ReplyDeleteI've decided that the best thing to say to a mom with kids (no matter how many) in the store is, "You have a beautiful family." Then the mom can simply say "Thank you" and keep the cart moving.