busted...

Parker loves taking pictures.
He's probably better at it than I am.
As I looked through the pictures,
I found that several could be used as evidence.
caught in the act!

Colette and I have a power struggle with the book shelves.
She wants them all pushed back.
I like them all lined up at the front.
I've never seen her do it, but I know it's her.
Now I have hard evidence.
At least she doesn't throw them off the shelf
and eat them or something like that.

I have a hard time putting away laundry.
I love washing it.
{thanks to the front loaders Richard bought me in the Spring}
three loads and I'm done!
But then you have to put it ALL away.
Parker caught on film the pile of laundry
that always seems to exist on our couch. 

 I would say that I'm too busy...
but here I am blogging...
busted again.


I have more pictures to share, 
but they don't have anything to do with what I've already posted.
Let's pretend this is a witty transition to a completely unrelated topic.


Parker got himself all ready for church on Sunday, by himself!
Alright, well, I might've had to button a few buttons. 

It's still pretty cool. 
I mean it's a three piece suit, and he put it all on in the right order!

I had so much extra time that I curled Colette's hair. 

She actually LET me!
No really, she did!
That's the power that Buzz Lightyear has over her.
When he's on the tv, nothing else matters. 

except taking pictures.
she kept running away.
still you get the idea.


Colette has been doing a lot of talking too.
While I probably understand less than 40% of it,
it's still exciting.

Yesterday her and Parker were eating dinner.
Parker kept yelling the food was too hot.
Colette finally said, "No it ISN'T!"
which of course made Parker scream back, "YES it IS!"
"No it ISN'T!"
"YES it IS!"
It made me laugh to hear her finally contradicting Parker so clearly.

Parker made us laugh too when he asked to play a game on the computer.
We told him sure, so of course he opens right up to Angry Birds.
He clicks on a level and lets out a sigh of frustration, 
"I need to figure this out!"

I was laying on the floor with some pillows,
and Colette couldn't resist jumping on top of me.
Parker immediately screamed at her,
"Colette! Don't KILL MY NEW BABY!"
It's kinda sweet.

This weekend I also tried to keep the kids entertained with some indoor art projects.
We had paint, modge podge, and dried leaves.
I striped the kids down and just let them loose with whatever they wanted to make.
After a few minutes, a colorful, sticky Parker looked up at me and said, 
"Mom, now this is fun!"

Enjoy it while it lasts, kid.

Comments

  1. You are so creative with coming up with projects for your kids! It's awesome that Colette let you curl her hair. I would love to try to do cute things with Samantha and Laura's hair, but they want "just bows", so that's all I'm allowed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't kill my new baby!! That is priceless. I love reading your blog and about all the things that you do. I would love to try to be all crafty with my kids.. Travis would just try to paint everything but what he is suppose to and Tyler would try to eat it.
    Its great when kids start to talk and communicate, and they say the funniest things (as you pointed out!) I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to potty train Travis and when ever he doesn't need to go he'll point to himself (down there) and says "shhh.. its sleeping.. it goes night night." And I laugh everytime! You have to love little kids!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!