the eggplant
Week twenty-seven of my pregnancy with {unnamed} baby boy.
Apparently he is the size of an eggplant.
And I'm the size of an adolescent rhinoceros.
But my complaints remain very few.
Colette however, is pretty tired of all the baby talk.
We ask her daily, "Are you ready for a new baby?"
or, "Do you want another baby boy?"
The response is always a resounding, "NO!"
Although, last night, she finally snapped and said,
"NO! THAT'S IT! NO!"
We had to laugh.
I reminded her that even though she won't be the baby anymore,
She will still be my only little girl.
So, now we are a club.
Parker on the other hand, is exceptionally overprotective about his little brother.
{see the story in my previous post, "Don't Kill My Baby!"}
We had similar occurrence today.
While cooking dinner last night, I sliced my thumb.
Worst place for a bandaid.
Today I was peeling potatoes and Parker walked in the kitchen.
"Mom," he said, "please be careful!"
"Okay Parker, thank you."
"Mom, please don't get hurt again with my baby boy in your tummy!"
They do say that thumb injuries are the leading cause of premature labor.
I will be more careful.
Thanks for letting me share how funny I think my kids are.
There are about twenty funny instances in the day that I would love to write about.
I hope that by documenting them into my blography,
I won't ever forget it.
Apparently he is the size of an eggplant.
And I'm the size of an adolescent rhinoceros.
But my complaints remain very few.
Colette however, is pretty tired of all the baby talk.
We ask her daily, "Are you ready for a new baby?"
or, "Do you want another baby boy?"
The response is always a resounding, "NO!"
Although, last night, she finally snapped and said,
"NO! THAT'S IT! NO!"
We had to laugh.
I reminded her that even though she won't be the baby anymore,
She will still be my only little girl.
So, now we are a club.
Parker on the other hand, is exceptionally overprotective about his little brother.
{see the story in my previous post, "Don't Kill My Baby!"}
We had similar occurrence today.
While cooking dinner last night, I sliced my thumb.
Worst place for a bandaid.
Today I was peeling potatoes and Parker walked in the kitchen.
"Mom," he said, "please be careful!"
"Okay Parker, thank you."
"Mom, please don't get hurt again with my baby boy in your tummy!"
They do say that thumb injuries are the leading cause of premature labor.
I will be more careful.
Thanks for letting me share how funny I think my kids are.
There are about twenty funny instances in the day that I would love to write about.
I hope that by documenting them into my blography,
I won't ever forget it.
i, for one, think your kids are incredibly cute...keep the stories coming :) and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet that Parker is over protective of his new baby, and how much he understands what is going on. Has he been able to feel the baby kick yet? That'll be really fun when baby is big enough that you can see him punching his little arms and legs through your tummy. Well, fun for Parker, not so much for you ;)
ReplyDeleteColette is a little stinker pie, and I love her absolute "no" when it comes to the baby. She'll be the best little helper once she gets over the denial stage. And I love her curly hair! So sweet!
Oh how I would like to be a fly on the wall at your house. Constant entertainment indeed.
ReplyDeleteIf there are 20, I want to hear about 22! That's right... Make em up. Just kidding. But seriously. I love checking your blog for the quick updates on the funny things your kids say :) thanks for sharing. Someday they are going to get a kick out of themselves.
ReplyDeleteI love you guys...
ReplyDelete