My New Life

I don't think I've kept it a secret...

Pinterest is changing my life...

I know what you are thinking...

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??

So here's what we've done so far.

We started out small with a 20 minute project of glass cannisters.
I've wanted some of these for ages.

This was an idea pinned from This Old Chair.
I have to admit, hers are cooler.




Then we moved onto a bigger two hour project.
1 yard of fabric per pillow.


I used old fabric for Colette's.
I spent three dollars on Parker's.
Then I pulled the stuffing out of pillows that I've made in the past...
that are were just sitting in storage.
$3 project.

And it only took about a minute and a half for a pillow fight to erupt.
You can make these from Living With Punks.


I don't think I've ever seen Colette happier.

She really doesn't even need a remote to play MarioKart.
Parker looks just like my brother Nick playing Nintendo.
Crickin his neck back as far as it will go to see the tv. 
Sheesh.




I couldn't leave Mitchell out now. 
His room is so cute to me, but one wall was kind of bothering me.
It wasn't "cute" enough.

So I saw this idea from Apartment Therapy.
I knew I had to do something similar.
So here it goes.

The "distressing" of the letters was a happy mistake. 
I intended them to be crisp white. 
But I painted the second coat too early...
in my giddy pinterest motivated state.

So the layers started all pealing together.
So I went with it.
And then lightly sanded the edges when it really was dry.
I like it enough to keep it that way.

It's more Classic Pooh-ish this way. 


Plus every letter is different and has character.
It would look great really crisp and white too, 
but I'm too lazy to do it again.




The best part, which has no pictures, but only memories...
I also spent a complete day actually doing the activities 
with my kids that I kept pinning.
Some of you moms might do that everyday.
But it was so fulfilling for me to put EVERYTHING aside.

I sat by my kids all day,
ate meals with them,
played games with them.
Did experiments with them with baking soda and vinegar.
We put soap in the microwave.
{which by the way, it does have to be IVORY soap.}
We tried Dial and it just turned black and made the house stink.

But I told Parker I really wanted to be by him all day...
Then his friends from down the street knocked on the door for him to play.
I said he could but he looked at his friends and said, 
"No, I'm being by my mom all day."

Then when we shut the door, he said, 
"I love you Mom! It's Just You and Me!"

You can't beat that. 
I think I'm going to cry, again.




Now what, you may ask, does Richard get out of Pinterest?
Besides about an hour a night of complete quiet
with the kids in bed...
and my face glued to the screen...

But also, Richard is quite a tease 
And my new Pinterest fettish has given him quite a lot of material
to tease me about.

For Example,
He will hand me my Kindle Fire and say, 
"Here's your portable Pinterest device."




Anyway, Thank You Pinterest.

If you haven't started... just give it a try.
It took me months to warm up to it and fall in love with it.

However, If you are on Pinterest...




Comments

  1. I like Pinterest... I just never feel like I have enough time to do everything I find on there! I'm trying to be more of a DIY person, I just don't feel like I am 1)rafty enough and 2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel like I have enough money! It's so expensive for me. Maybe I just don't know how to find a good deal. And sorry for the multiple comments. I'm writing this on my phone and sometimes it does funny things

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pinterest. The only downside is that I don't easy access to the simplest items like wood letters. I don't even know where to begin looking. So with that.. I'm super jealous of your cool crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very crafty! well done :) At least you are actually making things that you pin, me on the other had... i just keep pinning and pinning LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah the funny world of pinterest!I think I've tried two things, maybe someday I'll make some of the yummy looking foods I pin :) I have a friend that has a "done" board and repins the things that she has actually tried and I love the way you organized your pinterest, why are you so smart?
    I like your jars better than the originals, I think that this is my favorite picture of Collette ever, it rocks that your "mistakes" turn out to be awesome and something that I couldn't do on purpose if I tried. That's all, happy pinning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love all of it!!!!! Especially the jars...I will have to find a good excuse with my time to make those:)...p.s. I am currently following you dear friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so HAPPY that you found me on Pinterest! I am a pinning addict! I need to add all my projects to my blog like you did, but I was too busy there for a while to even update my blog. Your children are so adorable, and they have all gotten so big... I can't believe how long its been since I have seen you. I think you need to add your chocolate chip cookies to your cooking blog, I still get compliments on them every time I make them. I would love to talk to you anytime you are available, my phone number is 262-327-1123. Call me sometime friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a huge Pinterest addict too! I am so glad you started following me on there! I love your projects that you did from it. Very cute! I may have to do the glass jars one myself. I cant believe how big your kids are! Its been such a long time since I have seen you guys. I would love to catch up but I don't have your number anymore so you should call me when you have a free moment (haha, I should say if) My number is 2623271123.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinterest was made just for YOU! Ps... when I opeend my e-mail this morning and it said you had re-pinned one of my pins I knew exaclty which one it was!

    Can you come over so we can make those sock monkeys together! I need you to coach me through it. I mean i know it looks super easy and all, but lets be honest. Yours will look better than mine. :)

    I am going to try though. I am going to make one for each kid as a stocking stuffer :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!