CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME!
As we were leaving LOGAN, UTAH
after our 10 week stay there,
we needed a vacation from our,
well,
summer vacation.
So we headed down a few hours to Las Vegas for a quick pitstop,
before we all went to CALIFORNIA!
And we got rained on...
quite a lot...
and we lounged around...
quite a lot...
And then we went with ALL Richard's family to
and for those of you that don't know,
its that theme park down the street from Disneyland.
Colette and Parker decided to take the plane.
I'm a little worried about their navigation skills,
since they couldn't even find the camera.
Then Aunt Michelle and Parker went on a hot air balloon.
So did Colette and I.
And Anji was texting...
So was Jonah...
How many Skiftons can you fit into a mine car?
about 15 I think...
plus a rabbi...
Bumper cars with Christian and Parker vs. Jonah
The kid's favorite ride,
the Huff and Puff.
I.AM.HOT.
We only lasted about 5 hours,
then we went back to the hotel and swam in the pool.
Then Anji made us reservations at the shnazziest joint in town.
Famous for their gravy
and chicken pot pies.
Yep, that's all of us!
(minus Richard taking the picture)
Colette's meal started out with Chicken noodle soup,
followed by an entree of Chicken on noodles...
It sounds the same, but the consistency of the gravy
was actually quite different.
I can see why they serve them separate.
We had a really enjoyable time admiring the rooster collection,
cracking geriatric jokes behind the waitresses backs,
and licking ranch dressing off the bottom of our plates,
until I noticed...
Chicken Pot Pies next to a BARBER SHOP!?
Probably just a coincidence unless the barber happens to be,
SWEENEY TODD!
The Demon Barber from Fleet Street.
I knew those pot pies were a little too good.
We headed home the next day.
Bring on the fall,
because now our summer is done!












Comments
Post a Comment
Thanks friend!