We're Back!

So it all started with THIS post...
where I hinted that our summer was going to be very interesting.

I tried to leave clues,
But now I will just tell you...
we MOVED to Logan, Utah 
for the summer.

Richard had an opportunity to do some research
with a professor that he really looks up to and admires.

It was a paid ten week internship at 
Utah State
that has turned out to be a very profitable experience for Richard.
He really made a good impression on some important people. 
So we will see what happens next...

As for my hints,
they were:



(Nobody has a pool in IDAHO!?)

plus I made a few subtle comments.

Sorry to leave you in the dark,
but we didn't want to come right out and say at the time,
"HEY WE AREN'T HOME!"
"Vacant Home Available for Plunder!"
Maybe I'm too paranoid, 
But don't tell me that worrying doesn't help,
because everything I worry about never happens.

But it's such a relief to tell you all about it NOW.

We lived in a very, very small apartment.
But the fact that it had air conditioning,
and a glorious pool,
made it completely worthwhile.

It was a furnished apartment
so we left most our things in Idaho,
and packed only clothes and food.

Just to give you a concept of the apartment we were living in,
Mitchell made a little demonstration.
This is him running from the front door, 
to the very back of the apartment,
the master bedroom....
Plus, he learned a new word...
"GO!"

So, that was our summer home.
we had lots of fun visitors,
and made, well, zero new friends,
but we had a great time.

I had to laugh when I would get comments
"I didn't know you could do that in Idaho?!"
Well, ha! And you can't.

Here are some last minute pictures from Logan

The kid's covering themselves with stickers from Aunt Michelle.
Thanks Michelle!


Mitchell was always hiding in my cupboards!
There's my sugar!


Colette pretending to be Merida in her and Parker's summer room.


Mitchell slept in our walk-in closet.


Our little living room.


Playing in the sand at a cool park in Logan.


We would go about three times a week,
about 8 am, 
and the kids had the park all to themselves.



almost a sand castle...
more like a sand apartment...


Future fighter pilot.


Future balance beam Olympian.




Movie in the park!
This was for Pioneer Day.
It was a movie and fireworks.
Such a good night.


Mitchell was throwing a fit.
The kids reaction made me laugh.


Nachoooooooo....
who?


The best part of Logan for me, 
was my old neighbor and dear friend,
JEN SOUTH (pictured right)
lived just around the corner!
This photo was a reunion with Liah, Jen and I.
Liah and Jen were very influential Young Women's leaders for me.
It was fun to meet together and have them meet my kids.




After our stay in Logan, 
we drove down to Vegas
and then California,
for a Knottsberry Farm vacation.
{I will post that bit soon.}

But as for now, we are back home!
Good old Idaho.

Right in the middle of Hobo spider season.

Comments

  1. How fun! Glad you had a walk-in closet that could double as Mitchell's bedroom. A two bedroom apartment with three kids is tough. Isn't 8am the best time to go to the park? Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing time and opportunity!!! I am so glad you were able to do that and see so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!