Belly

I'm twenty-five weeks pregnant.
I love that I'm having a little boy.
I dreamt last night about a little baby named Henry.
Maybe that's him, here in my belly.
We will see.

Dad, you asked to see how fat I was.
Okay, maybe you didn't say it like that...
But that's what you meant, right? 
ha.ha.

I'm much better looking this way, right?


Richard insisted that I do an Uncle Rico pose.
"Slowly raise your fist up against your chin... This is looking really nice."
I won't even ask you to name the movie.
If you don't know, don't admit it.

Twenty-Five weeks pregnant.
Let me tell you about it.

I have only been puke-sick a couple times.
And once was because I had the stomach flu.
I drink a lot of protein shakes.
You were right Jackie.

My two complaints:
I feel like someone put cement in my sinuses.
I have bulging varicose veins on places you will never see.
{good-bye to my thong bikini.}


I've been way more active than the other two.
Lots of walking, pilates, and yoga.
Craving fruit, of all things, pasta, and milk.
Sorry Evi, real cow milk too.

I'm planning a VBAC minus the epidural.
Not because I'm tough.
Just so I can feel all that is happening in case it goes sour.
Then I can say, "Just kidding! Scalpel?"

Other than that, I would have 18 babies if they were all as smooth as this.
I only get a little anxious that something bad is waiting to happen.
That's how easy this baby has been.

He's a funny boy, that doesn't like when me or anyone touches my belly.
If I even fold my arms on my tummy, he will shove up against me to get off.
Whatever side I'm laying on, he will kick and kick against the bed, until I move.
So please come poke my belly, because it will really tick him off!

I love babies.
I especially can't wait for number three.
I'm the third child.
So, he's bound to be my favorite.

Which is saying a lot because my kids are so funny.
I have to tell you some stories.
Parker and Colette have been getting better about bedtime.
In fact, on Sunday they fell asleep at 7 pm!
Richard and I quickly pulled out the boardgames.
We couldn't believe we had so much time to play.
Then a little after 9 pm, Parker comes strutting down the stairs.
He observes us playing our game for a minute, then finally says,
"Guys where's breakfast? I need to get dressed!"
We opened the backdoor and explained to him it was still nighttime.
He wasn't too happy about that. ha.

I was driving home from the OB and we passed Parker's Pediatrician's office.
Parker said, "Hey it's my turn to go to the doctor!"
I told him, "But you aren't sick, so why would you want to go to the doctor?"
Parker, "Well, let me get sick and go outside in the cold!"

After lunch the kids wanted to watch "Woody & Buzz."
I explained to the whiny Colette that I would wait to turn on the movie,
until Parker was done eating his lunch.
After her persistent whining,
Parker finally ran into the room and said,
"Mom will you PLEASE turn the movie on for Colette!"
Then he ran back to finish his lunch at the table.

Comments

  1. You look beautiful. So did your doctors OK a VBAC after having 2 c-sections. Because that is what I want but never thought in my wildest dreams it could happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so cute! i'm glad things are going well for you so far. i hope the rest of your pregnancy is just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful as always! I laughed out loud at your funny stories about the kids. Thanks for writing this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great!! Wow sexy prego mama! Thats great that it has been an easy pregnancy for you.. especially after all the craziness surrounding Parkers right?
    And you'll have to let us know how the VBAC goes.. after having Travis the "normal" way and Tyler c-section I don't know if I would want to attempt to do a VBAC. Let me tell you though.. the "normal" way is way overrated! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Ashley! You are fabulous! Congrats with the easy pregnancy. That must be awesome!! I LOVE reading your blog, just an fyi, because it ALWAYS makes me smile and realize that I'm not alone in this crazy world full of normal people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic! My first was an easy pregnancy.. this one.. not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! I'm glad your pregnancy is going so well. Good luck with the VBAC. I had a successful VBAC with Brock. I wanted to go as long as possible without an epidural, because I didn't want to stall labor, but I only made it to 4cm. They monitored Brock's heartbeat constantly, which was reassuring, but also annoying during contractions, since I couldn't get up and move around. Thanks for sharing stories about your cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many thoughts and things to say after reading this so cute post... I just love your blog! YOU look adorable! Seriously, so good. I'm glad you haven't been sick much. Your kids are hilar, and it's so fun to read the funny things they say. I think before I'd been through the whole prego experience, I would not have appreciated this post as much. Good luck with the epidural free delivery... I admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing! Just letting you know, friend. You are a very cute prego lady. Good luck with the VBAC; I really hope it goes well for you, especially without the epidural. You will LOVE the recovery...because it will be almost non-existent. Totally worth every ounce of pain. :) And I disagree...you are tough; we all are. Heavenly Father would not put something like birthing on us if He didn't know we could do it. Not to say it's easy or even fun, but totally doable and you will rock it! I highly recommend taking a class to help though. I took Bradley classes for both of my girls and it's good but more of pregnancy/labor/postpartum education class than a huge pain help. When another baby is in our cards I plan to take a hypnobabies class. I've heard and read really good things about the pain levels with it. Maybe it could be worth a shot for you especially since you won't be able to use many of the typical pain coping methods (walking, moving around a lot, etc.) because they will want to monitor you like crazy. Woo, sorry for the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Blog, especially love the cute belly! And your kids make me laugh! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm on my way to touch your belly and get that baby kicking. Hooray for boys and I can't think of anything clever or witty to write so I will now my blog friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!