Boise Zoo

Richard works for a professor of the University of Idaho. He lives in Boise. While mostly they work together very well long distance, Professor Budwig invited all of us over for a couple days so that Richard could help him do some hands on research. So, we went.

While Richard was giddy with calculations about projects that I don't understand well enough to explain to you, the kids and I entertained ourselves at the zoo.

The four hour drive, made Colette quite hungry.

Looking for pheasants...  

It was SUCH a beautiful zoo
So many scenic stops for pictures. 

But of course, my kids were acting like wild little monkeys! 

very WILD! 

Driving the jeep to catch poachers 

"Where's the windshield?" 

The toddler exhibit
Don't let them escape! 

Parker pretty much walked around the zoo like this the whole time.
I finally asked him what he was doing.
"Mom, I'm looking for Zebras!"
obviously. 


The park in the middle of the zoo was a godsend for me.
Plus it was very clever to make a slide that looks like a giraffe!


The kids would just go up to the giraffe's, well, you know, the uh, {clears throat}...

And then down the loooong neck.

Parker slid down for the first time, 
looked back really fast to see the giraffe, 
and seeing only the yellow slide behind him yelled,
"It doesn't even have a face!" 

I bet you never rode on the back of a seal before. 

Colette found some new kind of religion.

While Parker made farting noises that he thinks sound like an elephant.

 Another convert.

I think my kids liked the fake animals better than the real ones. 

Or maybe they don't know they are fake...
still they love them so maybe I should keep it to myself. 

Colette hugs the camel... 

Parker gives a kiss... 

The truth is out...
my kids were hatched. 

At this point in the post, Richard looked up at me and asked,
"Are there actually going to be animals at this zoo?"

{Oh yeah}

The tiger actually walked RIGHT by the window.
Parker jumped in the stroller so fast!

These birds were taller than I am.
Not that I'm tall, 
but if I were a bird...
ok nevermind. 

A tunnel went under the prairie dog exhibit and 
you could poke your head up out of the ground just like they do!

More to come from our Boise adventure!

Comments

  1. Looks like a fun zoo! And the kids looked like they had a fun time. Also, can I say how extremely jealous I am that Parker is there wearing a t-shirt and shorts?? I'm freezing my butt over here in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you feed that girl, please? I laughed out loud at that first picture. Oh this zoo is nothing to our awesome zoo....come on, wait until you do Boo at the zoo....then you'll convert to my religion.

    (ps-i was too lazy to sign into my account)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun zoo! I love the pictures of your "wild" kids. They show their personalities, plus then I don't feel so bad that my kids won't pose for pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heck Ashley! You are so funny. I laughed so hard at your picture captions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!