Hallow's Eve
Here it is...
The annual {typical} Halloween post.
The annual {typical} Halloween post.
We had A LOT of fun this year for Halloween.
It's actually been going on for about two weeks now.
We've all been able to dress up a couple of times for parties,
trick-or-treating,
and just hanging around the house.
{just kidding about that last bit}
Richard and I actually rented costumes this year from the local
University Theater Department.
That was an experience.
I'll just leave it to the pictures
Can you guess our costumes?
I'll give you a C.L.U.E.
{that was it}
I didn't bring a monkey wrench to fix the plumbing.
Our friends at the party were joking that we couldn't move into
other rooms of their house until someone rolled the dice.
My cousin also through a huge party
Parker won some green teeth to match his green Luigi outfit.
Funny enough, my cousin's kids were Mario and Luigi too!
So, her husband pointed out that my kids were PRE-mushroom Mario and Luigi
While his kids had already gotten the mushroom to make them big.
{nerd video game humor}
funny!
My nerdy cousin Heather.
I wonder why she didn't dress up for her own party.
{hardy har}
I wonder how many times that joke has been used EVERY Halloween?
A: too many
Add to our wall of family horror photos.
Or maybe Awkward Family Photos?
Okay seriously, everyone at this party thought Richard was Sherlock Holmes.
So, if you still really don't get it,
Richard is a COLONEL with a MUSTARD scarf and a LEAD PIPE.
I'm in a SCARLETT dress with a MONKEY WRENCH.
don't ask if you still don't know.
{Actual Halloween Photos}
The day of Halloween
I got bored
and took an hour to sew the kids some treat bags.
You can see why I have lots of that green fabric, right?
weirdest color ever.
{stupid JoAnn's sales}
Do doot-do doot-do doot
{super mario bros. theme song}
A lot of Koopas are going to die tonight.
We had a rough start trick-or-treating.
They didn't get it.
They were super-apprehensive.
crying.
running away.
then, comes the candy.
{Oh}
This isn't so bad.
We live in the world's coolest neighborhood.
Halloween is serious.
People put up tents and give away
all.kinds.of.food.
caramel apples.
hot dogs.
nachos.
hot chocolate.
scones.
halloween treats for the grown-ups.
Cheese!
{No really, her face is covered in Nacho Cheese}
Are we, like, done with getting candy or what?
MARIO KART!
{We weren't really driving... far}
Post-sugar CRASH!
Parker and Colette are really entertaining how they fall asleep.
Anywhere and Everywhere.
Hands tucked into the overalls and everything.
This doesn't have anything to do with Halloween,
but it just correlates with the above picture of Parker.
My kids fall asleep in the weirdest places and positions.
Sitting on the laundry basket.
Anyway, what a fun holiday.
If only I weren't too chicken to watch a scary movie.
Then it would be really fun.
But, I still sleep with a night light.
{I say it's for the kids}
So, Sandlot is about as scary as I go.
Nighty Night.
Sweet Dreams Spooks!
I love your posts. You are so witty Ashley:) Happy Halloween to you all!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys had fun! And if it helps.. I got your costumes right away. It was the monkey wrench that CLUED me in.. haha!
ReplyDeleteOH my gosh you crack me up.... I am not sure though if I want to punch you or applaud you! YOU LOOK AMAZING GIRL! I mean serioulsy WOW! how dos a 25 + week pregnant person look so dang gorgeous and TINY! WOW! I love the kids costumes too! YOu are so creative! Glad halloween was a blast, you guys always know how to live it up!
ReplyDeleteWHY or WHY didn't we see you guys?? Maybe you were done and out before we got there? Mmmmm...so sad but yes, isn't our neighborhood the bomb? Halloween is how it should be, right? Um....am I asking too many questions???
ReplyDeleteShould I ask another one?
Can I have your green fabric???
ps-i just read the last sentence since I skimmed it before and bbahahahahahaa!
ReplyDeleteAshley, I seriously can't take how funny you are! Every time EVERY TIME I read your blog I pretty much lol at every sentence! You are a fabulous writer and I love coming here to read about your days!
ReplyDeletei LOVE that Clue idea! i'm totally stealing it for next year! :) the kids look cute in their nintendo get-up! i love halloween!
ReplyDeleteYou guys look awesome in your costumes. I really love your blog, you encouraged me to give a makeover to ours. I have to agree that you made me laugh while reading your post. You have a beautiful family and adorable kids.
ReplyDelete