Parker Pull-Ups
Parker is learning how to get around more and more. He crawls up to anything that is remotely taller than he is, on all fours, and endeavors to pull himself up onto it. He is getting really good at it. He climbs on the bed, the couch, the ottoman, even bookshelves and cupboards. He also has started climbing up on the chair in the dining room, and then walking from chair to chair across the dining room (if you saw the size of our dining room, you would understand that it really isn't THAT far...) Anyway, then he goes from the dining room chairs to the bottom cupboards in the kitchen, just making his way, walking as he grasps onto one thing after another. It's really fun to see him getting so big. However, now I've discovered this increases he reach from about 6 inches off the ground to such areas as the toilet, electrical plugs, television buttons, and even more books to pull off the shelves and rip pages out of. Still, I don't have to bend down so far to get to him now and that's a plus because I don't know if I could bend down any further than that anyway!
As for other business... I'm now about 34 Weeks pregnant. Which is all new for me. I can sum up this part of the pregnancy in one word: iRRiTabLe! I don't understand why most of the time, but I just get so cranky about the silliest things! I get mad when I go to check out a book at the library and it's checked out. "Stupid KIDS!" I think, "Go back to school, and STOP checking out MY books!" Seriously? I'm so ridiculous. My poor husband... "Richard, what are you doing in my kitchen!??!" And then he's like..."Uh... I'm making you a delicious dinner and doing your dishes and bringing you lemonade and chocolates..." Oh! Nevermind then... I really need to calm down. In actuality I can't believe how blessed we are that the pregnancy is going so well. While I may be experiencing uncomfortable issues that I've never felt before, at least my baby is here with me and growing warmly where she should, and not far away in a hospital incubator. Plus, I always have Parker with me now too. I can't believe that Richard and I haven't even been married for two years, and baby #2 is almost here. No two years of my life have brought about greater changes. I'm very grateful that our family is growing so quickly. I don't know if this rate of growth is due to continue... I should probably take a break and keep my sanity... Still, we have so much to be thankful for. August will be a busy busy month with plenty of exciting events in our family. Parker's birthday - August 1st, Richard's birthday - August 7th, Baby #2 due - August 7th, our second wedding anniversary - August 18th, not to mention sibling birthdays, weddings, baby blessings, temple sealings, family reunions... sigh - I can't WAIT! Fun times await... =)
holy cow! i know exactly what you mean!! I feel so bad for steve because he could just look at me and i was angry with him! so good luck. it will end and you will have a beautiful baby girl!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are still doing great in your pregnancy. I know it is uncomfortable, but it will all be worth it in the end as you know. My Mom says hi, and that she loved being with you girls in YW. Lots of fun memories. August is busy month, but how exciting to have all that going on. Take care :)
ReplyDelete