eleven

I bet you can't guess my lucky number?
Yesterday was probably the luckiest day of my life!
Richard made sure of it.
Elevens were everywhere.

Eleven presents 

Mostly kitchen toys
{yeah!} 

An eleven o'clock lunch 

Famous Dave's BBQ 

These kids definitely got my Southern genes. 


We ate enough Brisket to make Grandpa Gary proud! 

With Texas Pit and Devil's Spit on the same table,
you know it's gon' be gooooood!

My birthday lunch was a treat from our good friend Olu.
He is Richard's research partner at work. 



He's also Colette's special chocolate friend!  

We are glad he decided to come all the way from Nigeria just for my birthday.
jk 


My birthday shadow... 

An ELEVEN LAYER CAKE.
Count them...
ELEVEN!
And I ate them all...
Richard made it while I was away doing some things for activity days.
It was quite a surprise to come home to a HUGE cake
just for me! 


What a day! I wish I could have eleven more just like it!
I received so many beautiful phone calls,
Elise brought me treats that I'm sure she sold her soul for.
{they were SOOO good!}
Birthday cards in the mail,
hugs hugs hugs from my kids,
kisses from my husband,
lots of fun toys for my kitchen,
{that's a post all on it's own}
and the funnest present...

Harry Potter + Legos + Wii = Best Birthday Ever.

Come on. You are never too old for Nintendo.
Especially when Hogwarts is at stake.

Thanks for the Best Birthday yet!
Being twenty-eight is looking to be pretty good.

If you missed Richard's birthday post, you better scroll down.
I think I might let him take over with the blog.
He's much funnier than I am.

Comments

  1. I'm anxiously waiting for my lego harry potter to come in the mail.. I want it here now!! So jealous!
    Sounds like you had an AWESOME birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, Richards post? Had me laughing out loud! I can actually say 'lol' and mean it :) what a cute birthday celebration! I'm truly impressed. What a good husband. Don't get me wrong, I love Byron but I'm not gonna lie... This year all I got was a 'happy birthday'. NO JOKE! Not a card, not a present, and not any type of celebration (we moved out of our apartment in Provo that day). Obviouly I'm not over it and obviously he hasn't made up for it :) happy late birthday, I'm glad it was such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, ps. I ever come visit you can we please play your HP Game? I'm one of those crazy obsessed HP fans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy elevensies!!! What a fun birthday celebration. And I loved Richard's guest appearance post. So cute and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still can't believe you spent part of your 11th birthday at the church with my daughter....really, that's taking your calling s e r i o u s l y. Had I known, I would have done an intervention. A real one.

    Now, I'm feeling sheepish not only for the above but that I didn't do something for you on such a cool day....can I make it up to? Can I? Maybe with some green fabric....hahahaha.

    No really, let's continue the party at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you had a happy birthday friend! I love your blog! If you and Richard had separate blogs I would religiously continue to follow both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I am so glad you had a fantastic day. I love reading your blog, you guys are very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What! you didn't even tell me it was your birthday we could have had a great party at our play group last Thursday:(
    Happy late birthday! It looks like it was so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!