I Love Being A Mom

Happy Mother's Day! I'm sure many of you know my own Mom, Peggy Sue, whom I love dearly. If you don't, let it just be said that Heavenly Father doesn't make women like that anymore. In fact he made very few like her in the first place. It's like the lost boys say of Wendy, "Isn't she just First Class!" So, I think of her and miss her immensely on such a special day like this.


Also, I have a marvelous time being a mother. This is my first "mother's day" with a baby, and he is something else. So many moments with Parker just make so so happy to be his mom. For instance, once when changing Parker's diaper in the middle of the night on our bed, he made a streamline of pee straight onto the sleeping Daddy's stomach. All Richard said, with his eyes still closed was, "He got me." I love how he needs to shove his whole entire fist into his mouth just to consume one Cheerio. Richard sometimes wishes he could still eat this way. He thinks it would be fun. I love his cuddles in the morning when he wakes up and then again before he goes to bed. I love that the new little girl to come sometimes knows when Parker is being held against my stomach and she kicks at him quite energetically. Already we have sibling rivalry.

So these are the presents I get on Mother's Day... BUT of course my darling husband wouldn't let me go without a little something special to spoil me. Richard found out very early on in our courtship that I have a fond weakness for caramel apples. I think it dates back to the three and a half years of wearing braces and not being able to take a single bite of one the entire time. So, now I can't help myself. I LOVE THEM! He bought me the most delectible gourmet caramel apple I've ever seen. Photos could not begin to capture the intricate pleasure this apple has brought to me today. Plus why would I waste time taking pictures of this, when I could immediately begin eating it. Imagine an apple, dipped in caramel, then dipped a second layer in white chocolate, then, sprinkled all over in cinnamon and sugar, and THEN drizzled across the top with more chocolate. It was called the Apple Pie Caramel Apple. It's pure bliss. I definitely got my full servings of fruit today, nevermind the high sugar content that accompanied it.
(See Chocolate Box Creations to find your favorite!)

Also, he attached a card that is really funny, so I want to share it with you too. It says:

"There's a special day set aside for mother's, where they can finally sit back, relax, and enjoy themselves... It's called the first day of school! (but mother's day is nice too!)"

(PS, look at the bottom of our blog to see a fun celebrity look alike collague for Richard and I, plus an actual "scientific" evaluation of whether Parker looks more like mom or dad)

Comments

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you! You are such a great mom. When I see you looking at Parker, I can tell you have so much love for him! Now, tell Richard to tell Rico where he got that caramel apple! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! Thanks for the cute Mother's Day card...I hope your Mother's Day was happy. I know it's a hard holiday in some ways. I think you are an awesome mother as was your own mother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!