What a Husband!

I woke up on Sunday morning to this:

Richard had made Dutch waffles with strawberries and homemade whipped cream. The feat of it is that we don't have a hand mixer. (I tried to make sugar cookies a few months ago and burnt out the motor of it! So, my penance is that now I have to stir everything by hand... good work out.) But Richard had to hand whip the cream, and egg whites for this breakfast to be made and he did it gladly for the delight of his family. What a guy. The picture doesn't do justice to the sensation of eating such a delicious waffle. I loved it. He is becoming quite the cook. He has mastered rice pudding, oatmeal brown sugar pancakes, and now dutch waffles. He also is becoming Parker's #1. These two are inseparable when Richard is home and Parker will literally leap from my arms when Richard is around because he would rather be with Daddy. I think he is kind of getting the sense that Mom's time is going to be hard to come by here in a little while. So, I'm a little relieved in all honesty! He will need to be Daddy's boy when the little girl comes. =)



Comments

  1. Aw...cute pictures...AND we have an extra mixer! We'll send it to you :). Maybe Richard could send us a Dutch Waffle in return...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! WHy dont you all come visit soon and Richard can make that for our breakfast =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now i'm blog stalking you! Those look Yummy! Aj is doing the same thing with aaron. Everytime aaron leaves for class he picks up aj to give him a kiss goodbye and aj will turn to me with this great big smile and wave byebye thinking he's going with. Little Boys love they're Daddy!

    I dont know if i ever said it but i love those cookies you made for us ( i know it was like two weeks ago but better late then never right?) So thank you very much...hopefully they weren't the downfall of your mixer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!