Parker's New Hobbies
Our little boy has been doing quite a bit of growing very fast. He is picking up a lot of fun hobbies, so let me show you what they are. First, and probably most exciting is that he is CRAWLING! (well, sort of) Just watch the video and you'll see.
Sorry about the low quality. I only had my phone at the moment.
#2 - TALKING ON HIS CELL PHONE
Richard recently got a new phone, and so when Parker heard that his old phone was a 'chocolate,' he couldn't wait to get his hands on it. Needless to say, it's deterred his frantic desire to suck on our cell phones for the moment.
#3 - READING
Notice the disheveled shelf in the background. Parker has learned that he can unshelve these books anytime he wants too now. We've only lost one page so far. Poor Walt Whitman.
#4 - MAKING SULTRY POSES FOR THE CAMERA
He's even lifting up his pant leg to show off his legs.
What a tease!
#5 - PLAYING PEEK-A-BOO IN HIS CRIB
If he knows I'm in the room and he's still in his crib, he immediately goes to the side and pulls down the bumper to see what's going on. We played peek-a-boo for a long time the other morning because he was being so cute about it.
Well, Parker is sure giving me lots to do, and it doesn't help that as he is learning to crawl and get into everything at ground level right when my belly prohibits me easy access to bending down on the floor. But, hey, it keeps things interesting. He is a good boy, and when I need a minute to just sit and rest, I can hold him on my lap or sit him on the couch next to me and he is so calm and content with it. I really appreciate that. He is starting to be aware of my belly, even though he doesn't know what it means, and he will pat it from time to time. It's cute. We are at about 30 weeks now, which is when Parker was born, so I feel like a time bomb. We are trying to keep our nerves calm and trust that the doctor's are keeping a good eye on me and the baby. We go in for another ultrasound soon, so that will be reassuring. (Plus, I want another glimpse to make SURE this is a girl). So even though I am uncomfortable and huge, with only more room to grow, I still hope to stay that way for at least 8 more weeks. Cross your fingers for me! I can do this!
#1 - THE CREEP & CRAWL
Sorry about the low quality. I only had my phone at the moment.
#2 - TALKING ON HIS CELL PHONE
#3 - READING
#4 - MAKING SULTRY POSES FOR THE CAMERA
What a tease!
#5 - PLAYING PEEK-A-BOO IN HIS CRIB
Well, Parker is sure giving me lots to do, and it doesn't help that as he is learning to crawl and get into everything at ground level right when my belly prohibits me easy access to bending down on the floor. But, hey, it keeps things interesting. He is a good boy, and when I need a minute to just sit and rest, I can hold him on my lap or sit him on the couch next to me and he is so calm and content with it. I really appreciate that. He is starting to be aware of my belly, even though he doesn't know what it means, and he will pat it from time to time. It's cute. We are at about 30 weeks now, which is when Parker was born, so I feel like a time bomb. We are trying to keep our nerves calm and trust that the doctor's are keeping a good eye on me and the baby. We go in for another ultrasound soon, so that will be reassuring. (Plus, I want another glimpse to make SURE this is a girl). So even though I am uncomfortable and huge, with only more room to grow, I still hope to stay that way for at least 8 more weeks. Cross your fingers for me! I can do this!
he is just too cute!!! I hope the ultrasound is good and that you can hang on for a few more weeks. Good Luck :)
ReplyDeleteI am dying right now of that pic of Parker showing some skin. That was hillarious! Oh and you are in my prayers all the time. You will be fine, I just now it... and I am here for you when she does make her debut. Parker is always welcome here
ReplyDeleteI was just telling Aaron that so far the "stress" of having two kids is nothing in compared to the ever present worry I felt when I was waiting to get to full term - even if I was feeling confident that worry was there. It is exhausting so take it easy.
ReplyDeleteEight weeks is nothing - you can do it!
Parker is adorable. I love that he plays peek-a-boo with you when he's in his crib. I hope that the ultrasound goes well. It's always reassuring to actually see the life inside of you. We are thinking of you.
ReplyDelete