Tick... tick... tick...

As time passes by, I have now reached 31 weeks! I am more pregnant now than I ever have been. I can tell by my sciatic nerve. Basically I have a shooting pain in my left butt cheek all the time. But, luckily Richard enjoys massaging that more than my feet. =) I had a doctor's appointment today and another ultrasound. Everything is going good. The baby is growing and moving just right. She is still a SHE -- there are no gender surprises. I am going in to the doctor every week now, because he wants to keep a close eye. No blindness, headaches or funny business this time. That means I might just turn out having a normal baby like a normal pregnant lady. No drama this time. I would gladly forgo any dramatic fanfare in exchange for a boring ol' full-term baby that gets to come home from the hospital the same time I do. But, we'll just go from week to week until then... about 9 more weeks to go ... (but in all honesty I could have a healthy baby in like six weeks, you know?) The doctor says he expects to hear much more complaining out of me... meaning he hopes I stay pregnant up until 40 weeks when I'm so uncomfortable I can't stand it anymore!

I learned a lot about what happened to me with Parker. We asked the doctor today more about it. He said that what they know happens in Toxemia or Preeclampsia is that the vessels going to the placenta shrink all of the sudden. So the baby starts getting very little nutrients, hence today getting the ultrasound to make sure that baby is still growing. Because without nutrients she wouldn't grow very much, right? Also, they can see in the ultrasound the passing of fluids in the amniotic fluid to make sure it is still flowing steadily and doesn't look constricted at all. That is why my blood pressure was so high with Toxemia, because these vessels were so constricted. Also, that explains why I was so swollen all the time. With little fluid going into the womb, the extra fluid just built up in my bloated body making me look like a balloon. So, I learned a lot today. Just thought I would share. It's always comforting to gain information like this, especially about something traumatizing that has happened. It gives me a lot of comfort to have it explained so simply. Also, I feel comforted that I have NOT been swelling hardly at all, the baby is GROWING very steadily and normally, and my blood pressure is 117/71 as of today. That's good... by the way. So, now we just watch the clock until next weeks appointment!

ALSO, since we are still sure it's a girl, and I've been doing a lot of name reflection, I've updated the baby's name poll. Be sure to cast a vote, or comment any suggestions if you hate all my ideas! =) I wouln't mind at all. I'm very open at the moment because nothing has really hit me in the face yet.

Comments

  1. I think that i like the spelling of d-a-r-c-y better. darcy dallas skifton:) so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I suggest Carolyn? I'll be horribly offended if you decide on something else, being just an acquaintance and all :) I'm glad you're getting some enjoyment out of pregnancy with the messages :) When we were able to take home Michael after 2days in the hospital, it was like having a newborn for the first time - I had no idea what to do about the belly button and I don't think I've ever experienced such intense sleep deprivation :) I'm excited things are going so well and that it sounds like you'll have the same experience! I have to say, though, I really like the name Darcy, too (just b/c I'm a little obsessed with Pride & Prejudice - Elise is a take off Elizabeth).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for 31 weeks! Doesn't it feel good?

    I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well!

    I found the same thing that Carolyn did, I had to ask how to change a meconium diaper and was FREAKED out by the belly button. The nurses kept saying "well since this is your second baby"... but it just wasn't the same! (And no 3 hours schedule when they come home its up to YOU to put her on a schedule...still working on it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Adalyn. I think it just sounds really cute. Or you know you could always name her Samantha...it is only the best name in the whole wide world! But i dont know if you want my suggestions, aaron says i always pick old lady names...like i love the name pearl. or i like kids that are named after places. in highschool i liked the names Egypt, Alexandrea, Tuscany, Tinley, London, and Paris (although the last one may be permanently ruined!) Just some thoughts if you want them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Adalyn the best. I am so glad you are feeling good still. Sorry about the bum pain =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute name choices, it's so hard to pick isn't it? Have you thought of "Daisy"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Adalyn and Lucy, but I put my vote for Adalyn. I have two nieces named LucyAnne but they call her Lucy and the other Adelie but they call her Addie. Anyway, I'm glad that you've passed 31 weeks now and I'm sorry about the pains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley! I can't believe it took me this long to find your blog! HOW ARE YOU besides pregnant and uncomfy? Congrats, by the way! I never even knew the name of your little boy. Congrats on him too... lol!! Good to see things are going well. Hope to hear that you make it all the way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friend!