And finally, Richard's Birthday!


This year for Richard's birthday,
we hit the familiar trails to the wild Huckleberry patch!

Our favorite family spot
(Shhhhh, I'll never tell)

We spent several hours just enjoying the warm sun
and juicy berries.

Until...

We stumbled into a patch of berries that were also loved
by a swarm of bees!!!

Britta suffered THREE stings:
two on her face, and one on her finger.

Even Cora was hit in her armpit, of all places.

So this year our jam tastes just that much sweeter,
because of the battle scars we endured to acquire it.

I love Richard dearly for so many reasons.
This year has brought so many more of his qualities to light.

He is very dependable.
At work, everyone looks to him for answers and help.
He consistently serves in the church to help our community,
and serve his Heavenly Father.
And for the last three years he seems to have filled the role
of his late father, Douglas Skifton.

He has sacrificed so much for his family.
I don't just mean the kids and I.
He is devoted to the care and protection
of his sweet mother too.
Even though he isn't the oldest in his family,
he often puts his own needs and wants aside
to help them succeed.
Doing whatever it takes.

All of these pressures weigh heavily on him.
But when he relies on the Lord he can do anything.
  I never feel that He and I are on opposite sides.

We are always together on everything we do.
With all the struggles of life and family,
I'm so grateful that our marriage is the constant goal for both of us.
I always feel his support and love.
Even when he doesn't agree with me,
he does it with so much charm!


He is so funny.
I laugh until I wheeze.
I don't know where it comes from!
AND he is so clever that he gets
all of my pretentious jokes as well!
Which I really appreciate.

Nobody is perfect,
so neither is Richard,
but I can honestly say that he is perfect,
for me.

He values friendship and love 
and chooses very carefully
who he lets into his world.

He loves boardgames 
and has introduced several new games 
to our collection recently.


Now!
The answer is NOW!
Check them out.
You won't be sorry!

Comments