The Hartman's



I've mentioned before that Richard and I met 
while serving a mission in Pittsburgh, PA

We didn't just meet each other,
but have other life long relationships that
came as a result of our missionary service.
Consequently we have friends that also met and married each other
as a result of serving a mission in Pittsburgh.
It was the "Mission of Love,"
and our matchmaking President proudly 
has many more eternal marriages
as a result of his leadership in our mission.

My favorite companion and friend is
yes, yes,
the acclaimed period drama novelist.

Can't you see why we are best friends? 
With our mutual love for romance in Dickensian England?

They live in Bonner's Ferry,
so our tour of Northern Idaho wouldn't be complete without them!

Here we are in front of their beautiful home.

Kip (far right) was Richard's companion in Jamestown, New York.
They really pushed each other hard to end Kip's mission.
I never actually knew Kip on the mission,
but it's fun to say that my companion married Richard's companion.

People think it's so scandalous;
one person even told us it was a shame.
But I'm very proud of how I met Richard.
Heavenly Father's hand was in every detail.
If I was ashamed of any part of it,
I wouldn't tell anyone.
Having my eternal companion be someone who
can relate to a period in my life with some of my deepest struggles,
is priceless.

Kip and Ginny's story is also very romantic.
It all took place after the mission as well.
They reconnected over the experiences they had in Jamestown.

Missions are bonding experiences.
We are part of a club.
We survived Pittsburgh.
If you may not think that's much of an accomplishment,
I would just ask,
Have you been there?
Even GPS gives up and says, 
"Good luck chump, I can't even tell you where you are."


Here we are in front of our beautiful home.
(at least for the trip)


I'm holding an adorable cup that Ginny made for me
(she's SO thoughtful!)
It says,
"Obstinate Headstrong Girl!"
(Tell me you get it...)
Well we do, and that's all that matters.

She also introduced me to Color Street nails,
which are just what I was always looking for
and didn't know it!

She's just my absolute life coach,
my gold standard,
exemplar.
She has all the answers I ever need.
She is the kind of friend that only gives and replenishes my soul.
She never takes away.
She just gets me, and I get her.
It's a rare thing for me to find a girl like that.

We could have stayed up all night with them talking,
and we almost did.
While watching the Perseid meteor shower.
It was the definite highlight of my year.

Thank you for the hospitality
(and for mailing us back all the things we left)
See?
Only true friends do that, instead of keeping your stuff.

Comments